Landed

stangman

Hi just joined. I am a lifelong aircraft enthusiast from England.My main interests are ..everything that flies!,WW2,civil airliners, general aviation ,if it's got wings i'll give it the once over.Will lurk about for the next few days andpop in a comment or two on whatever takes my fancy.See you all soon.

stangman

Hi just joined. I am a lifelong aircraft enthusiast from England.My main interests are ..everything that flies!,WW2,civil airliners, general aviation ,if it's got wings i'll give it the once over.Will lurk about for the next few days andpop in a comment or two on whatever takes my fancy.See you all soon.stangman

Hi Stangman,

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif I am sure you will enjoy this site - it has lots of good info, and discussions in the forums. I am also from the UK, although living in Australia now. Whereabouts are you located? Do you fly yourself? Don't hold back with the details!

Cheers

Neil

Hi just joined. I am a lifelong aircraft enthusiast from England.My main interests are ..everything that flies!,WW2,civil airliners, general aviation ,if it's got wings i'll give it the once over.Will lurk about for the next few days andpop in a comment or two on whatever takes my fancy.See you all soon.stangman

Welcome Stangman,

Have fun here amongst our flying comminuty.

Good to have you on board Stangman.

As has been already mentioned give us some details...where are you located, what part of UK are you from, how long have you been 'down under' etc, etc.

We are really nosey buggers down here 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif.

Alan from Guernsey in the Channel Islands.

Hi guys thanks for the welcome. I do not fly due to medical reasons,but as i said i am a lifelong aviation enthusiast.

I live in the south-east of the UK a couple of miles south of London Gatwick Airport in a town called Crawley [oh how i wanted to say Alice ! Great film BTW].I have a wife and two grown up children.

As an addendum to my introduction my two most favoured aircraft are the P-51 and the almighty PBY-5a Catalina.

regards

stangman

Hi guys thanks for the welcome. I do not fly due to medical reasons,but as i said i am a lifelong aviation enthusiast.I live in the south-east of the UK a couple of miles south of London Gatwick Airport in a town called Crawley [oh how i wanted to say Alice ! Great film BTW].I have a wife and two grown up children.

As an addendum to my introduction my two most favoured aircraft are the P-51 and the almighty PBY-5a Catalina.

regards

stangman

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to the forums stangman. Even if you don't fly, there's a lot to learn and enjoy here. I know Crawley well, as I came to Oz 34yrs ago from Wimbedon and was born at Selsdon, Sth Croydon and have been back many times.

At my local airfield Bankstown, theres a PBY-6A Catalina which is slowly being restored, and you can read about it on http://www.catalinaflying.org.au/vh_cat.htm

I gather there will be no more Biggin Hill Air International Air Fairs, due to financial reasons by the airfield owners 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Last years was the last, although their is a pettion online to bring it back http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/petition/bring-back-the-biggin-hill-international-air-fair/3117

My first bit of flying instruction was in an old Auster J5 at Shoreham.

I flew over Crawley on my simulator last night, and it looked as though you need to dig the mower out, cut your grass, and do a bit of weeding in the garden:yikes:. Would I kid you:question:.

Kind Regards

Planey

Hi Planedriver, i have folloed the progress of VH-CAT closely. It's good to see yet another PBY head down under,from a total of zero flyable Cats you have at least three. VH-PBZ being the only one that flies regulaly i think.

As for Biggin Hill yes the last Air Show was two years ago,it would be nice to see the AirFair back as i used to go all the time as kid.

I have had a few trial flights down at Shoreham over the years two memorable ones were in a Piper Cub [yellow of course], and one aerobatic experience in a Tiger Moth. Both very enjoyable for different reasons.

I need to mow the lawn to find the mower!

regards

stangman