Raglan / old station

wanabigaplane

Trip to Old Station a few years ago. Posted now because of talk about going this year in other posts.

This fly in is like no other I've been to. A big field in the middle of nowhere. All camping in a well provided for grounds. No commercial establishments nearby that I know of, but I flew there and had no transport.

Lots of GA, many ultralights, numbers of gyros, Warbirds, and Lots and lots of people.

Night entertainment put on. There was a rodeo that year. Tanker brought round fuel. Airshow one day, take offs and landing all the time. And this is before the crowds arrived.

OS1.JPG.3f5673d98b658b4cb001a0c64edc111a.JPG

OS2.JPG.9139fbebae9d2aa13e6fd70230ce139f.JPG

OS3.JPG.ad01343fd9ca3203fc79e7d92ef1f1e1.JPG

OS4.JPG.6bbf07b16f00cd37354f1ddddd38b22e.JPG

OS6.JPG.8c109b1d4707a2364842c9bd6f226081.JPG

OS7.JPG.c1a8c2afbe80a56b5dda70acd4bffbae.JPG

OS8.JPG.c1c748cbc9df6da59a9ec20b8a25c511.JPG

OS9.JPG.2dac71ce9a058f04866bbae50da1b527.JPG

And because we talked about it at beer o'clock on Monday.

Great shots Jack thanks.

I have been seriously considering going this year, but 18 hours flying over a 3 day weekend is stretching it, especially because I don't own.

However, I have been googling and google earthing (I think I found it), and mulling it manually.

We'll see.

Ross

Guest Fred Bear
I have been seriously considering going this year, but 18 hours flying over a 3 day weekend is stretching it

Emma and I were just talking about how much the flying would have cost you through the Mudgee weekend.

It was a $522 steak sandwich. Plus driving the car to Cooma and back. Plus the honey and hazelnuts. Plus the wine I have to buy now.

But, the look on the step-daughter's face when home again - priceless.

Besides, I was talking about the actual hours flying. Can I remain alert and on top of my game for that many hours? Bugger the money. You only live an indefinite number of times. Make each life count.

A good description of Raglan Old Station. A pity the best aeroplane is not in the picture, I must have been flying, but the second and third from the left of picture 4 are from Rodds Bay. The yellow Ranger is for sale.

Night time there can be very cold but the fire is awesome, stoked with a big Cat loader. No rodeo this year.

9 and 10 June.

Saturday general flying, arrivals etc. Casey Watt and band in the evening, plenty of food and grog available. No entrance fee to aviators flying in, camping under the wing or in a camping area.Sunday Air Show 12 till 2pm.

There are usually about 100 or more aircraft on site of all sorts from Warbirds and Roulettes to ultra lights and gyro's.

It will be a good weekend but can get cold at night, maybe not noticeably to Southerners.

Guest Fred Bear
where exactly is it? i thought Raglan was near Orange or Wellington?

There is one there too. Near Bathurst.