Quick trip to TAREE

pylon500

After looking at some of the previous posts, I feel like this will be a bit of an anti-climax!

A Fly Day BBQ and beginning of operations for rex RPT services, combined with the local council wanting to invite interested parties to developments on Taree airport, inspired me to fly up instead of driving to check on progress on my block of land next to the airport.

[ATTACH]1952[/ATTACH]

The Garry referred to in the picture is Garry Morgan, building of the Super Diamond and Cheetah kits.

[ATTACH]1953[/ATTACH]

Whilst tracking up the coast via the Willy Town Coastal lane, I spotted something big in the water and circled to photograph it a few times.

I may not be a marine biologist, but I'm pretty sure this is a Great White!, looked to be about 8 to 10 feet long. :ah_oh:

A fairly wet day was had by all at Taree, but good to catch with more of the locals.

I now have a slab on my block for the hangar, will need to start on the septic system next and hopefully the hangar kit will arrive in about a month.

The trip back to The Oaks was terrible with 15~20kt headwinds all the way.088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif :yuk:

Arthur.

Block.jpg.cf16242eed92264aca37d7d3141fcaf6.jpg

GreatWhite.jpg.9e536628e88cc23e938b7df8939633b6.jpg

Guest Fred Bear

Good one Arthur! :) Looks like a Great White of sorts.Somewhere you would not want to ditch I imagine.:confused: Did you see Gary when there?Has he got all the hanger issues sorted?

The plan shown below is upside-down compared to the aerial shot of my land.

The yellow bit on the plan is my land, the green bit at the bottom is the grass runway 12-30.

[ATTACH]1968[/ATTACH]

My land, and the proposed development next to me is freehold and access to the airport currently costs about $225 per aircraft per annum.

The proposed subdivision could take awhile to get off the ground as the owner still has to rezone the land for development.

If anyone interested, e-mail me and I will give the contacts for the land owner.

With enough interest, he may pull his finger out!!

Hint, Start saving NOW

Currently there are no services to the land, electricity is almost connected but water, sewerage and phone are yet to come.

(And I'm talking long term here...)

I will be on tank water for some time, but I've got a hangar to collect from, as would most people planning to move to the subdivision.

Taree Council is plannning on releasing more land ON the airport shortly for hangars and businesses.

If interested in airport land, contact; Chris Ryan at Taree Council.

Arthur.

GreenSubdivision.jpg.c794e0c2577585e4dfa3cf3617aa9884.jpg

Looks good Aurthur, but why is the development for carpenters? All they have is facilities for some sort of wood shaving devices. It's a pity alongside the airfield like that it didn't allow for Aircraft and why would you need to tie down a plane?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guy's,

Just a quick note to say I'm up at Taree (living in a caravan park) while building my HANGAR!

I'm typing this at the local library internet cafe until I can get really connected.

Can't post any photo's yet, (how about you Jack, take any shots?)

Slabs are down, frames are up, now starting to brick in the office.

But it's RAINING!!

More to come......

Arthur.

• 3 months later...

The plan is to be there tomorrow! (Sat 20th)

Just on a quick trip down to pick up more material.

Hangar is about 3/4 finished, and the house started arriving yesterday!

Arthur.

Guest Fred Bear
The plan is to be there tomorrow! (Sat 20th)Just on a quick trip down to pick up more material.

Hangar is about 3/4 finished, and the house started arriving yesterday!

Arthur.

Sorry mate. Missed you 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif Was at the Cowra Airshow.

Would be great to see some more pics of the progress Arthur

Have just updated the link in my signature, as Yahoo has changed to a new photo handler.

Just press the LR-2 link below, or look at the Hangar link.

Press Detail for photo descriptions.

Arthur.

A pilot from Willy told me that there are lots of sharks around there. It makes me wonder why we have to fly at 500 feet off the coast when we could fly direct over land at cruising height. Someone on a solo nav ditched a C152 near there recently when his engine failed (possibly a fuel gravity feed problem?) and he didn't have enough time to try starting it again.

• 1 month later...

Have had to do a bit of an update to the Hangar Link to try to get all the pictures in order.

Bit of a confusing site at first ;)

The move is getting closer...., which will have me off line for a while as Telstra is playing difficult with getting an ADSL link to my block.

They're offering a 'wireless' landline number, but it will only be a phone.068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

I will have to go to the local library to go online and will try to keep updated.

Hope to recommence work on the LR-2 in the new year.

Arthur.

Guest Fred Bear
The move is getting closer...., which will have me off line for a while as Telstra is playing difficult with getting an ADSL link to my block.

Keep pushing them Arthur. They are hopeless. Unless you push for what you want and speak to someone in provisioning you won't get it. Tell them it is imperative to your business that you have the net. In saying that, don't let them con you into an expensive business plan.