WA State Fly-in Event

pudestcon

It sounds like WA has a great event on its hands with a bright future.

Yep, I reckon the start of something good.

On speaking with our board member Gavin Thobaven, he is of the opinion (and so am I) we will need a committee to organise the event going forward, as this year was organised by a few people, with others giving a hand as needed. Gavin's thinking is that we run the event bi-annually so as not too clash with Monto which, apparently is run every second year. So if we go down that path then we will have another Westfly next year to align ourselves on the off year to Monto.

This is just opinion at the moment so don't take it as Gospel.

Next year we need a "Recreational Flying" presence Ian; whaddayareckon?

Pud

• Like 2

Yep, I reckon the start of something good.On speaking with our board member Gavin Thobaven, he is of the opinion (and so am I) we will need a committee to organise the event going forward, as this year was organised by a few people, with others giving a hand as needed. Gavin's thinking is that we run the event bi-annually so as not too clash with Monto which, apparently is run every second year. So if we go down that path then we will have another Westfly next year to align ourselves on the off year to Monto.

This is just opinion at the moment so don't take it as Gospel.

Next year we need a "Recreational Flying" presence Ian; whaddayareckon?

Pud

Gavin Thobaven has emailed some information on Westfly - here is part of his email....

On Saturday we had about 70 aircraft on field plus however many powered parachutes. We estimate about 1000 people. Over 230 stayed for dinner on Saturday night.

A committee was established to plan Westfly for 2013 so keep an eye out for the advertising.

So I would say it was a successful event that can only get better.

Pud

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I haven't heard anything about a 2013 state flyin for WA yet.

Anyone have any information?

I assume it will be on again during the long weekend end of September.

Just doing some forward planning:coffee:022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Pud

To be honest, the main reason I went to Serpentine last year was because of the excellent flyer they had. Listing all events over the weekend. It wasalso closer to home and I've got a mate building there.

Trying to be constructive, the RAA fly in needs a comprehensive info pack put out early,as in a good few months in advance.

I haven't heard anything about a 2013 state flyin for WA yet.Anyone have any information?

I assume it will be on again during the long weekend end of September.

Just doing some forward planning:coffee:022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Pud

Pud I will put my appology in now! I am flying over to WA (via Qantas) on the 31st of May so I can collect my bird from Katanning and fly her back to Kingaroy in Qld. But I wish you blokes in the west all the best. I did enjoy the event in 2012 and would have liked to be there again. Maybe one day!

101_thank_you.gif.0bf9113ab8c9fe9c7ebb42709fda3359.gif

Pud I will put my appology in now! I am flying over to WA (via Qantas) on the 31st of May so I can collect my bird from Katanning and fly her back to Kingaroy in Qld. But I wish you blokes in the west all the best. I did enjoy the event in 2012 and would have liked to be there again. Maybe one day!101_thank_you.gif.0bf9113ab8c9fe9c7ebb42709fda3359.gif

Orr, come on mate!! You will be experienced in crossing this wonderful country in your Skyranger. How about doing it the other way now?

Still, I'm sure we'll have a great time Puk.

All the best and good luck with the flight to Kingaroy - what an adventure.

Pud

Looks like it will be the weekend of 27th and 28th September.http://skysports.net.au/events.htm

Hmmm, I thought so.... Gonna have to move a family camping weekend so I can go.

I've set myself to fly the trusty Thruster to the flyin this year, assuming it is at Whitegum again, and not the Porongorups or somewhere just as farflung!!!

Pud