Orchard Beach Airstrip

New member and want to check out some interesting trips and weekends away. First off I am asking if anyone has current info/details of Orchid Beach Airstrip, Fraser Island Qld re Accom, facilities and contact details of the people at the shop nearby where you pay the landing fee. Thanks Graham and Val.

Do you mean Orchid Beach on Fraser Island?

Yes thanks, have edited original request to be more specific. Have researched as much as possible re old threads that come up when on Orchard beach airstrip but am eager to go and want to be fully organised to ensure we have a great time. Graham and Val

If you change the thread heading and posts to Orchid Beach (not Orchard as in fruit trees) you should get some responses, and there was a long thread on it with contacts etc.

This is the website for the shop & their rentals it has the contacts you need.Half your luck, I havn't been up there for months.

The Cottage is all you would need & not far from the airstrip

http://www.orchidbeachrentals.com/

Pete

Thanks will let you know of the results, Graham and Val

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a nice strip. Phone the Trading Post to get details. It's grass, about 650m long if I remember right. I can't remember the runway directions but they are on the other post. 126.7 would be the frequency as they don't have their own. There are wind socks. It's nice and soft I found. Watch out not to take off into the hill, or do downwind into it. I had to turn a lot earlier but it is an easy strip.