Buying Zenith ch 701

Hi l am looking at a zenith 701 is there any thing that needs a special look at for wear when checking the aircraft it has 912ul the engine has done 351 hrs same as the airframe.

• 4 months later...
Hi l am looking at a zenith 701 is there any thing that needs a special look at for wear when checking the aircraft it has 912ul the engine has done 351 hrs same as the airframe.

A big "silence" to this question SF1. I think the Zenith 701 owners who could give you relevant info are all too busy flying 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

A big "silence" to this question SF1. I think the Zenith 701 owners who could give you relevant info are all too busy flying 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Hi Eightknots that post was five months ago l have got my 701 and stripped it down the only way to find out the question is to do it myself.

cheers

Hi Eightknots that post was five months ago l have got my 701 and stripped it down the only way to find out the question is to do it myself.cheers

I hope your 701 project goes well (I have read bits and pieces about this on other threads). Do you find Zenith helpful in sourcing any parts you need?

I hope your 701 project goes well (I have read bits and pieces about this on other threads). Do you find Zenith helpful in sourcing any parts you need?

Hi yes zenith have all parts needed but l make most of the parts myself because its all aluminum aircraft its easy to fabricate parts, sourcing the quantity of aluminum is the hard part because you only need small amounts

• 2 weeks later...
havent you got that thing flying yet I hope it is good nic for you

Hi Paul you have got to be joking aircraft needs a full rebuild plus the engine needs the same .

cheers Geoff.

you know you could Graeme to supply a bit of aluminum

Never though of Graeme ,

have you read the other Zenith 701 posts Paul .

have you been doing must flying.

Why would a planewith 351 hours on it need a complete rebuild? Was it damaged? I'm asking as I often seen used aircraft with what I consider to be low hours, such as 351, and I think they would be a good buy, but I don't want to have to rebuild them every 351 hours!

Why would a planewith 351 hours on it need a complete rebuild? Was it damaged? I'm asking as I often seen used aircraft with what I consider to be low hours, such as 351, and I think they would be a good buy, but I don't want to have to rebuild them every 351 hours!

Hi it needed a rebuild because hard landings have bent and split the fire wall main undercart spring is badly bent needs replacing ,the nose leg has worn a large grove where it rubs metal to metal the slats have been removed and the attachment plates have been cut off, l will pull the wings apart to replace the attachment plates and also do the wing updates.

The list goes on and on so l have decided to strip it down and start again what l though was a bargain is going to cost a bit more than l though but l enjoy doing it so l am happy to do so .

Because it is the first of its type here it also needs updating .