May 2007

Guest David C

Oops - I forgot to start the new thread for May and I will have to get on to Shelley to come and vote on the winner for tha last month - where does time go ;)

Guest Fred Bear
I will have to get on to Shelley to come and vote on the winner for tha last month - where does time go

And March too? Was there a winner there?

Guest Fred Bear

Nice pic Ross. :)

Patchwork scenery. Aerochute. Freemans Reach NSW.

Guest brentc

I was gonna say that a tradesman doesn't reveal his tricks, but on this case I will.

I took it with my Pentax Optio S6 with 3 x Optical zoom out the back window of my J400 whilst driving.

I got a sequence of around 20 over a period of 5 minutes.

The trick to doing it safely is to have the subject fly slightly lower than the camera aircraft and then zoom in slightly which gives the impression of it coming towards the camera. He was at times flying under then turning towards me which is how I got the next lot of pics here.

Admittedly it's pretty good considering that it's taken through perspex windows. We did however travel in a direction that gave the least glare and the best background given the haze on the day.

1_alan4.jpg

1_alan3.jpg

1_alan2.jpg

Guest brentc

and 1 more.

For those that want a pic like this of their aircraft, you'll have to wait until the Recreational Flying Forum SOUTHERN fly-in, whenever that may be.

1_flash.jpg

Guest brentc

I didn't take these but I think they are MOST impressive! I can see the third one potentially going horribly wrong!

1_rf1.jpg

1_rf2.jpg

1_rf3.jpg

Guest pelorus32

The middle one I think is an Aerospatiale Lama. They are great helicopters - I've spent some time in them as ballast. They are tremendously high altitude capable - India uses them in the Himalayas and they are used for high altitude rescue on Denali.

Old now but still brilliant.

Great shots.

Regards

Mike

Guest pelorus32

Ben,

you could have at least told me - I'd have done something about my appearance:;)3:

Regards

Mike

Guest Fred Bear

I am entering Aerochute John for this months comp for his picture of Warragamba Dam this morning. Any result will go directly to John. Just thought it was a good pic. :)

Guest danda

I remember when Warragamba Dam was built at the time I thought it was the biggest thing I had ever seen even walked through the tunnel in the wall, It was a great thing in its day sadly not realy big enough for the needs of Sydney now.

Don