First aircraft to land at sherlock

awesome. A couple of days ago I finally had my first airbourne visiter. A beautiful 6cyl fuel injected Jabi from wellington made a perfect landing on my 300 meter strip,Put it down with ample room spare and after some hanger talk watched a magnificent short take off (100-125 mtrs)107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif

no words can describe my joy in seing a plane (thats not my own) land here,,truely made my day..thank you so much. :beg:been waiting patiantly for someone to fly in.... of coarse I had to emediatly ring my Pa,my Dad and any one else who'ed listen. .lol

• Like 4

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your GPS coords?...might land there next time I fly over to Lameroo

Now that the word has got around, watch out for lots of Jabirus in the circuit.

" Flyerme Control you are number 10, follow the nine Jabirus on down wind" 067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gif

Alan.

• Like 1

What's your GPS coords?...might land there next time I fly over to Lameroo

I had Barry from lamaroo here last week (drove in) he metioned a few trikes where haeaded back from lamaroo to strath a week or so ago .My pa at Peake rang me that morning and I ran out side to witness around 5 trikes (1 after the other) heading across ,just est of my strip.wondering if you may have been one? any way awesome sight.

I was part of a group of around 8 trikes which flew past there five weeks ago.

We had a total of 11 trikes on a trip over to the Grampians and Swan Hill, a couple finished at Lameroo and one headed back to Gawler.

FinalMap2012.JPG.7c416e40a07fbffd5de72f7241805f86.JPG

looks like you have a race track next to your runway.

that would be correct..its not visable anymore it used to be a moto-x track but google earth have not updated the image from 2009. but you can just make out the old runway running almost parallel with Peter rd , sth under red marked strip.

I agree with pud. And when are you starting on the cross runway!!!

x srip? buggr that.........I rather deal with the x wind!.. and better finish this one first .work.gif.8d9e6d8ba9cdbd13b3ec052de09a1de4.gif

• Like 1

Are you going to bring in a large roller to compress the stones ?Alan.

I wish ,I made a small 5ft multi-wheel roller that I tow behind the ford,I did it last night after a heavy rain and its set like a sealed road,its old road rubble been sitting for around 10 years (left over from when they sealed a road here) it has a grey heavy dust(like concrete?) that seems to set it like concrete,...been informed by Pa that when its finished the old chemical drum markers will be removed and some nice new markers put in there place,also he wants me to build a shelter ,and tie down area(I thinks he planning an airshow here?..lol) ahhh more work.

• Like 1

It should work well as at Truro Flats we have many tons of the same sort of road rubble which was removed when the Highways Dept renewed the road between Truro and accomodation hill. We have used it on the roadway linking all of the hangars. We are fortunate in owning an original LARGE deisel road roller which we also use on our grass runways. We had it all delivered free because they wanted to get rid of it as much as we wanted it.

Alan.

pics for you...enjoy my pain:construction:

I'm enjoying your pain flyerme:cheezy grin:Nah, not really, but it must keep you fit. I notice the works supervisor (on 4 legs) looks like any works supervisor...... Unfit and carrying a little too much weight:roflmao:

Pud

• Like 3