First aircraft to land at sherlock

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you extending the length?

Yes,not sure how soon as I have to wait for next door to finish working up,then hell bring his 10tonne loader over to remove some old bike jumps ad give me an extra 60 meters...

• Like 1

I have a smile a mile wide..........That beautiful Jabi was here again,,this time was offered the ride of a life time,,,Thank you so much Helmet your a true insperation,- and have a heart of gold...

enjoyed a very loverly 45min cruise to wellington and suround and then was to be the first pax to land on my strip....yep the jabi landed in 300 meters 2 up,,,awesome flying skills.:beg:this jabi is a awesome performer,,love it

all this after an enjoyable flight in the supercat this morning,,what a day.what a life..

you can see the gravel that you put down. So was it good flying weather in SA today.

No thats the old runway I started graveling and never finished, there older pics NOT from recent,,

the new strip is the wider one.

650633448_gympie002.jpg.7e32529271a646353590992d5fd905c7.jpg Ok so its the one next your old MX track. So this is i did at gympie today I was waiting for the sportstar on the left. the guy sitting in it just got back from a nav.
  • Like 2

My Jab is SP500 6cyl. I am glad you enjoyed your flight flyerme, we might do it again soon .

For anyone interested in landing at Shirlock make sure you are up to date with short field procedures , as the runway looks very short as you fly over it and seems to get shorter on final.

Cheers Helmut

• Like 3

I have a smile a mile wide..........That beautiful Jabi was here again,,this time was offered the ride of a life time,,,Thank you so much Helmet your a true insperation,- and have a heart of gold...enjoyed a very loverly 45min cruise to wellington and suround and then was to be the first pax to land on my strip....yep the jabi landed in 300 meters 2 up,,,awesome flying skills.:beg:this jabi is a awesome performer,,love it

all this after an enjoyable flight in the supercat this morning,,what a day.what a life..

Flyerme, I got both amusement and great pleasure from your enthusiasm displayed in this post. You share Helmet's inspirational status to lukewarm aviators. Cheers

• Like 2

300m! Any chance of making that a ah.... folding fence?

yep fence is a folding fence/gate..its a 40 ft gate that has a latch either end and drops down.I used to drop it for landing the supercat but now don,t bother but happy to drop it down for any one..

• Like 1

My Jab is SP500 6cyl. I am glad you enjoyed your flight flyerme, we might do it again soon .For anyone interested in landing at Shirlock make sure you are up to date with short field procedures , as the runway looks very short as you fly over it and seems to get shorter on final.

Cheers Helmut

They also shrink a bit in the wet weather we have been getting.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Alan.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

The First Trike landed here today!!!!! Made my wife ,son and my day :) My Son told me He wants me to buy a trike now?kids! shsh Don't tell the wife but I want one too..lol

well done Jim on a great Nav and short strip landing. Hope to see you again:cheers: thanks for putting a huge smile on our faces:oh yeah:loved your bird:plane:

• Like 2