Suggestions for activities

Admin

Guest Fred Bear
I dare say somebody with an Aircraft could be talked into ferrying a family across to Old Bar for a burger.

That would be the go!

Get yourself endorsed in a gazelle or even a CT and I may let you take one of them - well maybe not the CT ;) - the Gazelle is up the road at Port Mac

Guest Fred Bear

LOL, there are always options there. Thanks for the thought. See how I go. If you can fly the Jab you can fly the Gazelle right? Different kettle of fish at the end of the day I am sure. Wish there was a Bantam up there. Now that would be beaut!

Guest Andys@coffs

Ian

I don't want to appear ungrateful, but exactly why are you supplying and paying for some/most of the meals? :;)1:

If the rest of us can afford to come we can afford to throw in a few $ for the communal bacon and eggs etc. Set a fee for the meals that you mistakenly identified as being supplied by "recreational flying". Are you feeling guilty over the fact that you dont do enough for us already;)

From my perspective if I feel I'll be sponging off you I wont be coming:clap:

Anyone else feel inclined to comment on that aspect?

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy

What's the cost of several dozen eggs, a couple kilo of bacon and some sausages - not really that much and it is just how the small proceeds from the shop are also used in putting things back into the site - that's all!

No one profits from this website which is why it isn't commercial and all proceeds from the shop get poured back into the site and it's activities so forum members benefit unlike the commercial sites that are out there.

Another competition idea

identify a spot where two fences intersect at right angles.

The challenge is to fly the aircraft's shadow for 100 mt

along one fence and then the other.

All at minimum ht of 500 ft.

Davidh

two fences intersect at right angles.Davidh

Keeping the shadow on the fence at that right angle would be a real challenge - thanks David 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I envisaged positioning the shadow over the intersection and then following the fence for 100mt and then orbiting around to start over the intersection again for the second leg at 90 deg to the first.

cheers

Davidh

Guest pelorus32
IanI don't want to appear ungrateful, but exactly why are you supplying and paying for some/most of the meals? :;)1:

If the rest of us can afford to come we can afford to throw in a few $ for the communal bacon and eggs etc. Set a fee for the meals that you mistakenly identified as being supplied by "recreational flying". Are you feeling guilty over the fact that you dont do enough for us already;)

From my perspective if I feel I'll be sponging off you I wont be coming:clap:

Anyone else feel inclined to comment on that aspect?

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

I need to preface my comment by saying that I probably cannot get a leave pass to come much as I would love to.

However when I first saw that Ian was proposing to pay for all sorts of stuff I felt exactly the same way as you. Goodness knows how much money, time and emotional energy Ian has put into RecreationFlying - the forums, the shop and the sport in general. Why should he further support the rest of us?

I would be more than happy to pay whatever as the cost of the bus, the meals and sundries - whether it be portaloos or a contribution to the airstrip or whatever.

When the southern fly-in comes around I expect to pay that at least.

I am immensely grateful to Ian for his effort and commitment. I am happy to contribute in some way to the cost. I know that others also contribute in other ways - as moderators etc.

Regards

Mike

Guest Decca

Big Heart

Mike & Andy I agree completely! If you do the sums on Avalon Ian was out of pocket there, & I can bet he was out of pocket at Narromine. It’s all very well saying this is a not for profit business & that it‘s all for the forum members, but Ian you can’t keep opening your heart & throwing money at us! If every member (800 in round figures) donated $10 to Jackeroo Solutions (I think), Ian would STILL be very much out of pocket. Don't know what to do about it though. Sorry Ian, you can ban me for 2 weeks now, but I had to say it publicly. You have, & continue to offer a fantastic service, for that I thank you, just don’t make it break you.

Regards, Decca.

• 2 weeks later...

Costs : after having flown there and back, the cost of meals and associated amortised infrastructure is not significant. I prefer to have the satisfaction of paying my own way rather than being someone loking for a quick freebie. Who cares if the hamburger costs $100 or $105 ?

Competition: we could stand around on the apron and all join in scoring the latest landing !

Guest Fred Bear
Who cares if the hamburger costs $100 or $105 ?

As long as it comes with Cascade right wanabiga?

Guest David C
As long as it comes with Cascade right wanabiga?

Don't forget .... It has to be warm for me too Darren 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Dave C

Guest Booker YPMQ

Competition Sequence

Hi all,

I've just read through the suggestions for the flying comp to be held on the Saturday. Some pretty good ideas and some pretty scarry ones too.

Geroge Northey and I will be running the comp and acting as the inflight judges.

We have kept the sequence very short as there will be a lot of participating pilots in a lot of varying aeroplanes.

The comp will consist of a blind circuit with a glide from base to try and land in boxes on the ground to gain maximum points. Each section will be judged indivually with the trophies being awarded for the best blind circuit and the best spot landing score. There is also a trophy for the best overall points score.

In a little more detail:

The Blind Circuit

Pilots will nominate speeds for climb, downwind and final. Before the the take off run the judge will cover the instuments with a cloth or something similar (This will be removed on base or at any time the pilot or the judge deems it necessary for safety). Points will be awarded for the following: Climb out control - Climb speed (as nominated) - Crosswind turn commenced at 700' - Leveling off acurately at 1000' - Mid Downwind speed (as nominated)- Mid downwind height (1000') - Pre Landing Check completed - Base Turn completed at 1000'.

And there endeth the Blind Circuit

The Spot Landing (Glide)

When established on base following the blind circuit, the cloth covering the instruments will be removed and the pilot will then be asked to cut the power at such a position as to make it to the "50 box". This is a test of the pilots skill and knowledge of his/her aeroplanes gliding performance. A perfect score will be awarded for a glide approach & landing in the 50 box. Points will be awarded for boxes either side the 50 box. (40, 30, 20). The use of power will disqualify a competitor BUT. SAFETY IS THE FIRST CONCERN SO USE POWER IF IT IS REQUIRED! (It's only a stupid trophy!. Sorry Ian).

I hope that sounds ok. I know it's short but there will be a lot of competitors. I look forward to meeting you all.

Good Luck