Smaller iPad on it's way

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.news.com.au/technology/tablets/apple-to-launch-smaller-tablet-report/story-fn6vigfp-1226418349794This should be more manageable in a cockpit, I await it with baited breath:augie:

The article is more about all the patents Apple has ripped off from others and the way Apple pursues other manufacturers in the courtoom (unsuccessfully so it seems).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

What a waste.. bring out an inferior product compared to the opposition and expect the loyalists to pay top dollar for it...

We just need the aviation software gurus to become multi-platform and we all would be happy..

• Agree 1

What a waste.. bring out an inferior product compared to the opposition and expect the loyalists to pay top dollar for it...We just need the aviation software gurus to become multi-platform and we all would be happy..

I suppose it's how you rate a product. For me it's what is on offer as a total package. The fact that the iPad is the most supported by software developers puts it in the lead for me. I agree that better hardware is available, but no standard across them, so for me it's IPad for me. Add jailbreak to the mix and I have a great system for my aviation and astronomy requirements... Guess I'm one of those loyalists that pays more for something that's going to do the job. Unfortunately it seems you have to pay for the good stuff that works.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing Apple will include the retina display in next years mini iPad. As my Morgan Sierra project still has at least a year before completion, I'll wait and see what happens with the mini. BTW, the Morgan Sierra instrument panel centre section is ideal for the mini iPad. The Dual bluetooth GPS seems like a great way to go too. I would envisage mounting the iPad with velcro strips ... don't know if this is legal or not. John.

Sounds a bit like apples knee jerk response to android stealing a big chunk of thier sales with cellular capable devices like the galaxy note...