Flight Safety Australia, no longer in hard copy

Tomo

So I got a notice the other day saying that the July/August edition was the last hard copy version I'll be getting - as they are now concentrating on the 'on-line' one.

Bit sad as I did actually read these from time to time in my smoko breaks etc...

I guess, the times... they are a changin'

073_bye.gif.391d1ddfcbfb3d5f69a5d3854c2b0a02.gif

Yep. I was disappointed too, because I enjoy reading the magazine, but it's the kind of thing that I pick up for 15min when I'm going to bed or spending time in a Doctor's waiting room 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif (or even occasionally when I'm... hurry_up.gif.177b070ad0fed9378055f023fbf484f7.gif). The iPhone is too small for reading stuff like that, and I didn't want to purchase an iPad (my cunning plan is to wait for someone to discard theirs because they're upgrading - that's how I got my iPhone. 100_please.gif.86b3bfbc115b0271e90584d59019e59a.gif Ok. Call me cheap! The occasional bit of honesty doesn't go astray 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif).

Still, I guess we'll all learn to live with it. We've worked around a helluvalot of other changes.

If you have a couple of minutes it would be worthwhile to send the director of CASA an email about this. There's a "Feedback to the Director" option on the front page of their website - www.casa.gov.au.

Talking to a few CASA people and even some of them have taken the time to email him. Results from the Safety Promotions area being told they'd lost $900,000 of next years budget and the printing costs for the mag cam to around $700,000 from what i'm told so it was a decision that was pretty much made for them...

Guest Maj Millard

I've read the 'crash comic' since around 1969 I reckon, back when they were full of real informative and educational crash reports. Learnt a lot of real good lessons from it over the years, some of which still serves me well to this day !....Hell I even went out of my way to personally contribute a good crash report around 75 !...The recent magazine wasn't really anything like the old one, but still readable as the Gnome said, best before bed time.

Check it out online now each month ?.. .I don't think so.......probabily the end of it for me, just not the same as reading the mag after pulling it out of the mailbox......................................Maj...hurry_up.gif.177b070ad0fed9378055f023fbf484f7.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Howard, plenty of pages in your ERSA, not as big but maybe a bit softer !..................................................Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif