Moving Servers

Admin

Hi All, late tonight (Friday 27th July), Melbourne Australia time, I will be closing the site and moving it to our new Australian server. The process will take around 6hrs or so and it is hoped I will start somewhere around 11pm.

The process is time consuming moving all the files and setting it all up however the biggest issue will be the populating of the entire internet of where www.RecreationalFlying.com is now located. It has nothing to do with our site name etc but just to what server that your ISP sends you to when you are calling up Recreational Flying.

The propagating of the address of the new server should only take a few hours so from tomorrow morning, if you come to the site and see that it is still closed, it will probably mean that either your ISP has not updated itself or your PC needs to clear out its cache. There will however be notes on what you can do on the old server if you find yourself being sent there.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but the end result will be a faster site for everyone, especially those that are on slow connections and it will be the final part of bringing the site back home to Australia.

If you have any problems, any problems at all, you can always give me a ring at any time on 03 9444-8025 so I can provide you with any help and support instantly over the phone...write that number down.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but the end result will be a faster site for everyone, especially those that are on slow connections and it will be the final part of bringing the site back home to Australia.

Hi Ian and Corinne, I hope that the move goes smoothly tonight. We're very thankful for setting up and maintaining Rec Flying: what a great community we have here among the Forumites.

It's fantastic that the servers are all coming home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV78XFdBTsk

• Like 1

Well, just under 6hrs and all working properly...if you are reading this then you are on our new Australian based server.

Once the cache in your browser catches up by browsing the site a little, you should be finding things a bit quicker if you have a slow internet connection.

Any problems, please let me know

(Note, the chat room will take a day or two to bring back up)