RA school expands into GA

bushpilot

Hi All. (Permission granted by Ian Baker for us to make this announcement 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif )

We are very pleased to advise that we have a new General Aviation instructor, Martin Wookey, starting with us this week. Martin, together with Stuart Park, will be working with those wanting to gain a Private Pilots Licence or doing their Biannual Flight Reviews. Both instructors will operate under the licence of Phoenix of Camden. Martin is also endorsed for tail-wheel instruction.

Chris Stott, Gary Penglis and Matt Thomas continue to instruct in the Recreational Aviation category.

A number of those we have trained to RA Pilot Certificate standard want to progress to PPL and a few through to CPL. Our local Aero Club (where we are housed) has a Cessna 172 that we will be utilising.

Ab-initio students will have the choice of starting in the RA category or going straight into GA; but we will be encouraging RA first - saving them significantly in those initial 35 hours or so.

Additionally, we have a new, all metal, Bristell aircraft currently being built in Europe - to compliment our fleet of Jabirus. This high performance, low wing plane, with advanced avionics, auto pilot and ballistic parachute safety system, will be available for private hire (RA registered) commencing late September / October. See it here: http://www.andersonaviation.com.au/aircraft_range.php

Central West Flying

• Like 4

Hi Bushpilot,

If someone gets their RA certificate including Passenger and Cross Country endorsements how much more time is needed to convert to GA? I know the medical is also an issue. Thanks. Ps Thanks for your help. I passed my Air Ledge yesterday.

Hi Compulsion,

As usual with training - it depends on the student. But we figure on at least 10 hours. Plus there is the theory conversion to achieve the PPL. Dyson-Holland have a conversion textbook (RA to GA) or you can use Bob Tait's PPL book (also available on-line as an e-text) or Jim Davis PPL, or any of the other GA texts.

(Good job with the Air Leg!).

you dont by any chance have a link to the DH ra to ppl conversion textbook?

Not that particular text - it is not long released - but other DH books are available through this forum shop - so Ian would be able to source it for you: http://www.recreationalflying.com/pilot_supplies/books-and-manuals/student-pilots.html

Hi Phil - We have gone for Jab 3300. It's the most powerful of the 3 engine types they offer - Jab., Rotax, UL - and we know the Jab motors well, with 4 in our Bathurst fleet... and another 3 over at Orange.

Chris can i be cheeky and ask how much an aircraft like that landed into Aus would set me back? I have looked on the website and it seems very impressive.

Not cheeky at all; a logical question to ask.. Well, we decided to make this a 'premium spec.' aircraft for PC holders to hire - for an hour, a day or a week - so fair to say we ticked 'all' the boxes - with Jab 6 cylinder, Dynon Skyview (pic attached), ballistic recovery, auto-pilot and many other accessories.. All up, over $150,000. But the base model starts under $100,000. Brett Anderson in Australia can give you the price list: [email protected]

CentralWest_Panel.jpg.2ab77e1cc46e37ab6acc058c24382e2d.jpg