Funny how you start to read something when you're busy and your mind plays tricks.

After reading your first line, I quickly skimmed the second line and read "I was lucky enough to gain my IRT one month after the birth of Moses....."

When I had my pastoral station in the Upper Gascoyne in NW WA in the late 1970's, an AIM padre came visiting with his family in a C182. He was navigating with a 1956 Shell roadmap!

Kaz

When I had my pastoral station in the Upper Gascoyne in NW WA in the late 1970's, an AIM padre came visiting with his family in a C182. He was navigating with a 1956 Shell roadmap!Kaz

My guide to the WA wheatbelt has always been the Caltex Country Road directory, the 1st copy of which I obtained in 1978. GPS might give you a set of co-ordinates - but nothing beats some instructions along the lines of:

'go to Woop Woop, then follow Jones Rd east for 6 miles, take a turn south down Smith Rd, go another 5 miles until you see the farm buildings - then land in the 3rd paddock past that on the west side of the road'

Provided the signs are readable - you can follow these directions rather easily. happy days,