A near miss?

Just had a phone call from Old Koreelah. He's up in Darwin playing with motorbikes and having a beer or twleve with his mates. He's asked me to post the attached email he sent me, 'cause he can't do it from his iphone... So here goes, let's see if I can do it.078_pc_revenge.gif.92f2d38a0e662b2e0b6cba4dc0ba5c35.gif

(the following is inserted by Ian as Admin...For those that may not be able to access MS Word Docs here is the attachment:)

Wayne I looked up from my beer a few minutes ago to see this:

Can't seem to post it to the Rec Flying forum from my iPhone. Perhaps you could post it for Old Koreelah.

[ATTACH=full]18648[/ATTACH]

A Near Miss? Why not call "a spade a spade" and rename it: A Near Hit?

• Like 3

A Near Miss? Why not call "a spade a spade" and rename it: A Near Hit?

I suppose we should, but it's just a tad too "rivetting"... I know it's perverse, but I've always thought it's funny that we call a 6'6'', 300 lbs mountain of muscle, "Tiny". Usually happens though...

PS: Tomo and Solomon are gunna hafta ask an oldie to explain that, eh!... Hehehe... 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Guest Howard Hughes
I know it's perverse, but I've always thought it's funny that we call a 6'6'', 300 lbs mountain of muscle, "Tiny".

Or Bubba!

Guest Andys@coffs
Or Bubba!

Hmm thats very telling of your past life experiences na_na.gif.fad5d8f0b336d92dbd4b3819d01d62e5.gif ...... II Havent yet met a Bubba and have zip plans to do so!! In fact when it comes to bubba's 1nm right of track and being rear ended is perhaps not what we should be aiming for:crazy:

Andy

Hmm thats very telling of your past life experiences na_na.gif.fad5d8f0b336d92dbd4b3819d01d62e5.gif ...... II Havent yet met a Bubba and have zip plans to do so!! In fact when it comes to bubba's 1nm right of track and being rear ended is perhaps not what we should be aiming for:crazy:Andy

I like to think I helped my youngest son through his, "I'm going to do whatever I like," stage by explaining to him that if he kept going down that path, he'd wind up spending time in a locked room with a bloke called Bubba... Seems to have worked, thank goodness... On the issue of being off track and/or rear ended; Heck, most of the time when I'm on track, it's because I'm crossing it. And I do believe that at the speeds and heights I cruise at these days, I'm far more likely to be rear ended by a bird than another aircraft.

059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...