Enormous Light Weight RC Turbine DC-10- First Flight

winsor68

I know the pilot Keld Hansen I met him when I was on one of my many trips to Denmark for Simjet around 10 years ago he could fly almost anything I am sure he is a incredible pilot. I am the australian dealer/service centre for Simjet although now they only do engines for the UAV market which are 50kg plus size the owner sold the company to a investment company early last year and there is no money now in model jet turbines only the larger ones so they stopped producing engines up to 16kg thrust. I actually have a video somewhere I should transfer to the computer where Keld was flying a electric model and a guy had a beer can on top of his head and Keld did the william tell thing with the beer can and the model. The danish are fierce modelers although they have 2 season a year. The building season (winter when they can't fly) and the flying season which is their summer of course. I spoke with Lars last night on Facebook he was the designer and owner of Simjet he is of course retired now and cruises around in his big yacht but he was telling me that its been around 30deg C this summer in Denamrk and all the Dane's are feeling it. I see Keld was the pilot as well for the big foamie

Mark

• Like 1

As I said in the previous post the Dane's are fierce modellers and will build and fly almos anything you can think of. In summer in Denmark it can be quite windy during the day but as the sun goes down the wind always seems to drop to just a whisper. That was probably filmed around 9 or 10pm at night there the sun doesn't go down until around 10pm in June and I have still been flying at 11.30pm at night....just incredible the twilight there and the sky lights up about 3am in the mornings too.....I had a blast the 3 times I was there and they are a very friendly people too....just a very expensive country to live in for our dollar.

They have a toll bridge there that I drove over coming from Copenhagen to Vejers on the North sea....a one way trip was $240.00 aussie......it is 22km long the bridge

Mark

Thanks Don for finding and posting those videos I have really enjoyed watching them. I saw a few of the guys I met and flew with while I was there all those years ago and its good to see nothing has changed much.

They certainly appear to be having a great time.

Guest Maj Millard

Hey that DC-10 was great ...and only on one engine !.........................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

I've always wanted to own a large wingspan radio controlled glider...preferable something that would hand-launch with a bit of wind blowing....anything with 2-channels out there ?...I suppose if I had the time I could probabily design and build something........any suggestions welcome..... Thanks....................................................Maj...063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

I've always wanted to own a large wingspan radio controlled glider...

Simple - get yourself caught in controlled airspace with a Jab/Rotax (delete appropriate to taste) engine that has just thrown in the towel. "Radio controlled" by the tower, and most definitely gliding.....

No doubt some here have already had the experience.