what sort

shafs64

Search Sander Veenstra aircraft

Ozzie.. there is very little info. Besides a few older-ish blokes like yourselves no one seems to knows much about the real early days of Australian Ultralight Flying...

Ozzie.. there is very little info. Besides a few older-ish blokes like yourselves no one seems to knows much about the real early days of Australian Ultralight Flying...

Yeah real shame that. It is hard for one person to have known what was going on everywhere back then, lots of little clubs and individuals all doing their own thing around the country and not much communication between them.

It wasn't unusual to come across others that had been involved for some years relatively near by and never to have heard of them and visa versy. It's going to be hard to put a decent overall timeline together it may have to be done state by state by those who remember.

Of all the people i know i'd say Gareth Kimberly designer of the Skyrider would be by far the most capable person of doing it, he has an amazing collection right from day 1. I recieved a draft of his final book about 3 years ago but have not heard since if it was published, maybe time to check up.

ozzie

Sandra veenstra designed a number of small machines of the Thermite type. They were v-tails with a boom and pusher props. The Thermite I recall had the tail inverted and an enclosed cabin.

Kaz