New Dash Layout

Mr Mal

Hey Mal, thanks for the pic. I was only thinking about this the other day. Are they two spare panels on the right hand side or do you have something that you will fit there? What's the little button panel below the GPS and is that a Dynon EFIS? keep the pics coming.

cheers

That is very sweet looking - spoke to Gary and I think the canopy is reasonable - the price to get it here is not......

I send lots of items all over Australia and have often found the lagistics to be expensive.. I have been using Greyhound freight and found them to be very well priced. I shipped a very large Telescope from NSW to Adelaide for under $100. The item was very large in two boxes and weight was over 50KG.. Give them a call as they also do point to point pickups and drop offs as well as depot collect (cheaper)...

Mardy

• Like 1

Furio - the panels on the right will be spare (I went with "the less info the passenger has the better"). I will be putting a plastic etched label with the usual warning sign and the VNE's etc there. (Off for pricing this morning - about $150 bucks to do all labels). The centre right panel will be fitted with a 12v socket and a 3mm audio jack for running iphone into radio to keep the missus happy. (Xcom runs 50% volume when intercom used and mutes when transmissions inbound). Its a Xtreme mini efis mounted between the steams. Below the GPS is the GME Tx3100 UHF (Came with the XCOM so I fitted it.... 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif) then you have the XCOM and below that is the key, starter and fuel.

I also saw some good lighting strips in JAYCAR (both panel lights come as one strip and cut to size for under $20 bucks! But might need a dimmer??) - under 2 watts draw and good for warming up and preflighting etc whilst waiting for first light..... augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif. I am also going to put them in the baggage area in the same circuit as the floor lights - for finding stuff in the dark.

The GPS Air Gizmo dock should be here today so that will get cut and mounted making the panel pretty much complete.

IMG_0508.jpg.c74f11661f3de9a6f454c1e475bb1c09.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg.95680eec45ebf59441e364ad3193ec90.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg.43515404b951e2e247183ce45ed5a9c2.jpg

Hi Mal,I went thru a similar process last year when I was designing my panel. See picture. I teneded to keep things standard as much as possible. So I have flight instruments on the left side, basically as a six pack configuration, then gps, radio and Xponder in the centre stack with engine instruments on the left. Everything is located logically and can be seen from the left seat. Try and keep those instruments that you refer to frequently in front of you as much as you can. keeping instruments in standard locations also helps when you transition from one aircraft to another.

Very nice and practical!

Kaz

Good luck with it and love to see a pix of the final panel.

cheers

cficare - appreciate the feedback and now that the panel is cut I realise I could have done the gauges around that way - was not keen at the time on the oblong extensions being on the bottom side of the panel....... thinking about pulling it out and glassing it back up and swapping over...... but then thinking of all that time flying instead..... decisions decisions.

Alright the final wiring behind the dash is done apart from the PTT wiring. It all seems to work as it should too 101_thank_you.gif.0bf9113ab8c9fe9c7ebb42709fda3359.gif. Attached are some before and after pics - ALL (lol sounds easy when you use that word) I have to do now is finalise the trim panels, trim and fit the bubble canopy (coming next week - followmont as its too large for Greyhound), and fit the sexy air conditioning unit care of Rob Patroni...... oh and if any one knows how to get 8mm HT leads for a Jabiru 2200 please let me know!1048131433_PetroniProp.jpg.ea50b19cd91df69b9d49b51e956ce7d6.jpg

Before.jpg.9f809ec670f02ae6b04a7e29a6d33f7f.jpg

201273497_dashpanel.jpg.0efe8583ca33987773e78d6c7ede91aa.jpg

• 1 month later...
Dash.jpg.af513f1b921597d26e520d3a1e4563c6.jpg Dash has been moved around to place ASI over the ALT, also have finished the interior so not long now till I can fly her. Prop goes on during the week and the canopy should be re-skinned this week also. Two weeks and I should get to do my first flight with all the mods....

Mal, I might have the answer for the canopy. Ivan will be flying back his new Buccaneer this coming weekend 17/18th, he will have a ground crew as support, he might be able to help if you can get it freighted part of the way. He will be flying out of Byron bay or somewhere similar, do you know him or do you need his number ? He is up in Airlie