Duxford

dreemhi

I have to go over to UK tomorrow and I contacted an old mate of mine to suggest we got together and had a beer or two. I also happened to mention that I had found out that Duxford had a flying weekend on the only weekend I would be there. I just got an e-mail from him telling me he has already got us tickets to the flying day. Spitfire heaven here I come:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: , sorry I can't invite you all.

David

Guest Fred Bear

David,

Have an excellent, safe trip mate. Wishing you all the best for your holiday and looking forward to seeing you back at The Oaks soon. By the time you come back we will most likely be living around the corner from The Oaks! :)

have a great trip mate!!! - and don't forget the camera - I have already cleared some disc space here for all your happy snaps ;)

Guest David C

David ,

You lucky so and so 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif 006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif.... Have a great time over there . It truly is a fantastic museum at Duxford and their flying days have to be seen to be believed . If you have time , try and visit the RAF museum at Cosford near to my old stomping ground , Wolverhampton , another out of this World experience . ;)... You've made me a very jealous old bloke !! .... Have a great time and a safe trip . Best Wishes .

Dave C

Guest b1rd
I have to go over to UK tomorrow and I contacted an old mate of mine to suggest we got together and had a beer or two. I also happened to mention that I had found out that Duxford had a flying weekend on the only weekend I would be there. I just got an e-mail from him telling me he has already got us tickets to the flying day. Spitfire heaven here I come:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: , sorry I can't invite you all.David

You lucky bugger ! I think there's a few SE5's and Brisfits (and possibly others ?) from an earlier conflict that have been lovingly restored over there. Not sure if they'll be flying out of Duxford when you're there but you never know your luck !

Regardless it will be a magical experience. I am very envious. Enjoy !

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all, it was everything you said and then some. My only regrets, one day was nowhere near enough time and my abilities as a photographer are hopeless.

David

Guest David C

Welcome back mate ... Hope to see you at The Oaks soon and catch up with the Duxford talk ;)

Dave C

Guest Fred Bear

G'day mate. Indeed welcome back. Hope to hear of some of your adventures when I catch you out on the stomping grounds. :)

I am going to the UK in August /Sept, so I shall have to find out where Duxford is. On a previous trip I went to the Fleet Air Arm museum in Somerset, but only had a couple of hours and I hope to get back there.

Guest David C

Yenn .

Duxford is just to the South of Cambridge in Eastern England ... Very easy to find and on the Motorway network , quite literally !!

Dave C

Thanks David c, it will be a bit out of my way as I will be going to Sussex Coast and Wales but my wife wanes a trip to Yorkshire so we may be able to fit it in. I was in the army in that area 50 years ago at Royston and Cambridge.

Ian,

Duxford has an air show Sat 8th and Sun 9th Sept and believe me you need more than one day to take it all in and watch an air show.

Also the shuttleworth collection has an air display on Sun 2nd Sept.(www.shuttleworth.org)

I have been editing some photos of my visit,

IMAG0146.JPG.c59e0d6c7ece4948bfb2d17ffa355d9c.JPG

IMAG0148.JPG.0dd737c492ef8a45d2424bd41f1b2016.JPG

IMAG0158.JPG.3d87329828515d289dc9e1dfbf40ac32.JPG

IMAG0163.JPG.781caf34502dc597d9d7a1144359c4b8.JPG