Special Guest

Admin

Hi All

Things are progressing well with the organising of the flyin.

I have just been advised by a special guest's assistant that the event has been written in their diary and they are going to try and attend - no names as then that wouldn't be a surprise ;)

Guest J430

I said I would write it in my diary, and I will try, but you know how things go..........024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Actually I reckon I know who, might give him a call tomorrow if I remember!

J

Guest brentc

Dick is pretty busy J430 and I didn't think you had his number any more after the saga of '06.

Guest Fred Bear
Brent got it - yes it is Dick Smith

Was sorry we were going to miss the fly in and now I am not. I am not a huge fan of the 'electronic' Dicky Smith. Does more bad than good in aviation. We had this discussion on the weekend. Many others said the same. When they saw him involved in the ultralight movement they were horrified (myself included). The man contradicts himself way too many times for my liking.

Was sorry we were going to miss the fly in and now I am not. I am not a huge fan of the 'electronic' Dicky Smith. Does more bad than good in aviation. When they saw him involved in the ultralight movement they were horrified (myself included). The man contradicts himself way too many times for my liking.

Have you actually met and talked to him Darren? There is a lot of crap floating around about Dick that isn't true. He is hated with a passion by the mob on that dried fruit website with no justification. If you talked to the man and found out what his ideas really are you might change your mind.

Whatever you think of his ideas you have to give some credit for his Aviation passion. With some people there seems to be some jealousy of Dicks achievments and toys.

Guest Fred Bear

I know the website you are talking about SP. I have not personally talked to the man but he was keen on shutting down my (and others) live atc feed and then went on current affairs shows saying how scanners were bad and the ADSB system (one of which I am about to purchase) was bad and the public should not be allowed to purchase them etc etc. Now let's think back a few years to when he owned his stores.What did he sell there? I am sure he still would if he still owned them. Dick always seems keen on 'taking other people out' whether it be businesses, people with a legitimate hobby, ie aircraft spotters/enthusiasts like myself and many others. I just think he is a little bit of a hypocrite. Talking seems out of the question as everytime he attends somewhere with his 'big toys' he seems to not want to communicate with anyone. And re the 'big toys' good on him there. If I had his money I would have them too. There is no jealousy there for me. I just don't like some of his ideas and I don't like some of the ways he changed the GA scene when I was there. Dick always wants 'too much good' for something that needs no fixing. Just my two cents mate.