QLD budget cuts could affect regional airstrips

RobynD39

The previous governments, both state and federal didn't give much to regional airports. Gladstone has spent millions to upgrade with the only government help being to pay for security screening for the terminal. It looks to me that all the cost saving is essential and we may all be better off in the future.

The previous governments, both state and federal didn't give much to regional airports. Gladstone has spent millions to upgrade with the only government help being to pay for security screening for the terminal. It looks to me that all the cost saving is essential and we may all be better off in the future.

And if AVDATA and / or aerodrome operators could get access to the RAAus register then those aerodrome owners could collect the published fees.

As the owner of a GA registered aircraft, I do wonder why my privacy is less important than the owner of a RAAus registered machine. Kaz

Kaz, I don't mind one little bit that AVDATA can get my billing address from the CASA Register but I do get a bit pee'd when an RAAUS aircraft lands at an airfield at the same time as me and never gets a bill for the landing fee. I often see complaints via this site that airfields are closing!

The RAAus Register does not have to be made public but could/should be made available to the likes of AVDATA. A system I might add is great as after a trip I get one consolidated account for all my landing fees.

Cheers