Upload photos when using iPhone / iPad (mobile website)

Mark11

The above test I did (avatar and pic) both worked from original pics which got to my iPad via Dropbox. Both worked without resizing even though they were both way too big.

I was prepared to concede this was something iPads did well (with some help from dropbox to get them there). But if you insist. poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif

That image of yours Slarti is only 88kb. All the pics I upload to this forum I have to resize as they will bomb out if they are much larger than 150kb....the forum says the max size somewhere. If you uploaded a thumbnail yes it will go but trying to upload an original file it will bomb out

Nope.

I only took that photo on the weekend and I've never resized it. I can't find a way to check the size on the iPad, but the same image on the phone where it was taken is 1.58Mb. I didn't make it 88Kb. Either the iPad resized it, or Ian has put a resize in the upload process now. Full screen on the retina display, there's no way it's 88Kb on the ipad.

Mercedes sucks too.

I dloaded your pic onto here and the size says 88kb so somewhere it must have been resized....Ian has just said the max uploadable size

Ian thanks for the size confirmation I will remember that I was sure I read somewhere it was 150kb...

It use to be 150kb but I increased the limit to 256kb about a year ago. A resizing function has been added to the site plus a better image processing library used then the default.

Here is a screen shot of the Attachment settings:

1.jpg.4fc2411eb5b3e0358c2fbeae3a19238b.jpg

BUT, please remember to always try and use thumbnails where possible so it doesn't drain yours and other users resources especially if they keep coming back to the same thread to see extra posts that have been made after the ones that have attachments included in them...not to mention the havoc that non-thumbnail images cause when clicking on a thread and the software tries to take you to the first unread post

(oops, looking at the screen shot it seems I have missed the xlsx, ppt and pptx extensions...will add now)