USA flying/roadtrip

JG3

The truck colour change still confuses me ! Eric 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

I tell that on the page 'Finding a Vehicle'. The first one didn't have enough power for all those high mountain passes, so changed to the truck with massive power, 7.3 litres turbo....

JG

Brilliant story, JG. I've covered some of that area by car, and flew a Cherokee from Las Vegas out over Grand Canyon, but this combination is unbeatable to see things others have never seen. An inspiring story

Guest Maj Millard

Thanks for the adventure and all the really great photos John........hope it has all been up to your expectations, we've certainly enjoyed watching your travels......Cheers ....Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Thanks for sharing this John, great stuff. I went to quite a few of these areas last year on a two month motorbike trip around western US/Canada, and loved it. It's good to see it from a flying perspective.

I've come across some of your other stories of flying within Australia, and love them too.

Cheers

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi John

A fantastic trip indeed. So much different than the flat outback in Australia. What a great time.

In the last couple of years I flew a 172/182 in most of the places you listed, but I was under the pressure of time and spent little time on the ground.

What a great experience. Congratulations

Ovidiu