EGT gauge on the blink, or is it?

Hey there knowledgable folk, my EGT gauge on my plane has lost a bank, as in, one side is no longer working... I don't believe it's the probe as I pulled them out of the manifold and they look good. And it's not the cylinder, 'cause I swapped them around and both are reading exactly the same, which is nice to know. However... it would be nice to be able to see that on the gauge so is there a way to check the gauge it self or do I have to get another one?

Anyone fixed these before... or am I barking up the wrong tree? It was working but stopped about 15hrs ago...

Here's a dodgy photo so show you what I mean by one side not working

420528_2495831611902_312306277_n.jpg

Yea mine did that on the Drifter too when I bought it!!!!

I got Richard Eaccott to look at it and he fixed it somehow, he could probably tell you over the phone - call him on 0428 632 476

Really nice guy, knows ''everything'' about Rotax's - However wont ever answer his phone if he's playing golf and I have a feeling he plays on sundays hahah!

Give him a try though I bet he will be able to help ya

Thanks guys!!

Pulled the connectors off again (I had done it before) and cleaned them all up properly and put some of that electrical grease on it and blow me down it now works!

Now I just have to re-tune my carby so it runs a bit smoother, and all is well with the world! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Guest Andys@coffs

Thermocouples only generate small voltages and the meter is in fact a voltmeter. It only takes a slighty crappy connection and they will not read.......I suspect that this wont be the last time you do that Tomo

Andy

Thanks guys!!Pulled the connectors off again (I had done it before) and cleaned them all up properly and put some of that electrical grease on it and blow me down it now works!

Now I just have to re-tune my carby so it runs a bit smoother, and all is well with the world! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

You are young and airbourne, all IS good in the world what ever your EGT gauge says.

Thanks guys!!Pulled the connectors off again (I had done it before) and cleaned them all up properly and put some of that electrical grease on it and blow me down it now works!

Replace the connectors with right angle ones (known as 'elbow connectors' ) then you apply 'elbow grease' which is cheaper.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Alan.