World Directory of leisure aviation 2012-2013

shu77

I just discovered this at the newsagent, so my apologies if I'm mentioning a well kept secret. This publication has 82 pages of LSA aircraft profiled along with 44pages of home builts. Each aircraft profile includes a number of stats including Empty weight, MTOW, Vs0 Vcruise & engine. Theres also sections for sailplanes gyros and 'Certified Aircraft'

Only $14.50 bit of a bargain.

We get this every year. There's 2 volumes. World Directory of Leisure Aviation (WDLA) and World Directory of Free-Flight (WDFF). Published in English, French, German and Chinese. See www.widola.com

WDLA has a database of available aircraft - 5 per page - photo, description, specs, contacts, price, category etc. LSA, ULs, kits, gliders, gyros, trikes, instruments, engines. An improvement this year is the index to aircraft. It keeps the boss entertained for hours, comparing and fancying various innovations. Highly recommended reading. We asked our newsagent to get it in - it was near impossible 4 years ago but has been turning up for the last 3 easy as. Used to be $21, now only $14.50 for 290 pages.

Sue

I think I found my first issue of this back around 1999, and after reading 'Kitplanes' and similar US magazines most of the time, this magazine showed a whole new list of aircraft NOT being sold from the US !

The 1999 issue, 60_0.jpg.b851ab803cd7d32a839d34acf4bff02e.jpg

Covers a wide range of flying machines, not just Ultralights...

leisureaviation.jpg.a8855340a9bd6e9f94553fa3a7f790af.jpg