OK yes I DO want the "darn" message to disappear

BoxFat

Guest Andys@coffs
G'Day.Just bought a brand new Foxbat A22LS. Now for some fun !

I sincerely hope you can register it and actually fly it. Renewals, transfers and new registrations are all on hold as a result of a set of 4 failed CASA Audits by RAAus.

Please be very clear in your own mind of the registration status before flying. You may have assumed a status that isnt there in reality.....

Andy

Initially White Gum Farm - the aircraft is still on the way from the Ukraine. I've been watching the shenanigans on the RA-Aus website but have been advised new registrations will be underway again soon.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif BoxFat. Last year, I spoke to a pilot who had owned a Foxbat/Valor/A22 (they seem to have an identity crisis) and he reckoned it was the best aeroplane he had ever owned. At that time he had owned a number of other light planes and the Foxbat was considered the absolute best. Another plane he liked a lot was the ICP Savannah which he claimed had similar flying characteristics.

With respect to looks: I think it was a pity that Aeroprakt dropped the shark-like (or Holden GTR Torana-like) vents on the sides of the cowls. I wonder why they did that?

Foxbat.jpg.48e13bcff8a29951af682f676f90303d.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome folks, and for the encouraging comments re the Foxbat. It's my first aeroplane and I did a lot of research but pilots quite naturally have their own biases (none of us are particularly objective judges once the aviation bug "bites") so it's hard to get much of an impression. I'd be interested to hear the thought process that others have gone (or are going through) in choosing a plane. For my part I wanted STOL performance to increase the number of places I could go intentionally and, if the worst happens, unintentionally and I was impressed with the build quality and practical thought that had gone into the design of the FB. Another factor was the support of the local agent which was very good. A Zenith or Savannah went across the radar but I wanted a factory built plane (I struggle with IKEA !). I've never seen that lime green colour FB but I note that is a UK registered version. The choices I had were white, yellow, blue, red and dayglo orange (ouch !). I got red...dunno why really. And the tundra tires.

Others have warned me about the tundra tyres on bitumen etc. That will at least force me to learn how to do good crosswind landings every time. I think this can be a problem for those of us who fly most of the time from wide unsealed strips without that helpful dotted line down the middle to keep us honest.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif BoxFat. Last year, I spoke to a pilot who had owned a Foxbat/Valor/A22 (they seem to have an identity crisis) and he reckoned it was the best aeroplane he had ever owned. At that time he had owned a number of other light planes and the Foxbat was considered the absolute best. Another plane he liked a lot was the ICP Savannah which he claimed had similar flying characteristics.With respect to looks: I think it was a pity that Aeroprakt dropped the shark-like (or Holden GTR Torana-like) vents on the sides of the cowls. I wonder why they did that?

[ATTACH=full]19860[/ATTACH]

wow, never looked at one before! looks great!!

lark: Check out this vid for both crosswind and STOL performance...make sure to watch until the end. I guess it would have had minimum fuel. I know a Savannah can do this kind of thing too.

• Like 1

lark: Check out this vid for both crosswind and STOL performance...make sure to watch until the end. I guess it would have had minimum fuel. I know a Savannah can do this kind of thing too.

Gotta watch this again that was unbelievable!

Dear mAgNeToDrOp,

You think that's good ? You should see what the sleigh can do when Rudy and the boys have been on the special carrots !

Santa Ho Ho Ho

P.S. will be around Bunbury early next year and would happily swap a ride in the FB for one in the P92

• Like 1