Morgan Cheetas grounded?

Guest Lofty1

I am after some information. A Morgan Aeroworka Cheetah at the local airfield has been grounded by a letter from CASA up to a month ago. I don't know exactly why although when I flew it I declared it as not fit to fly as the tail and trim wasn't optimal. The CASA letter is about the tail. (Obviously, being home built the build quality varies)

So a couple of things, does anyone have the same situation and we are also chasing the name and number of a chap at Bendigo who is a LAME as he has built two of them and he has made modifications to the tail.

Thanks

There is a Morgan Cheetah at our local airfield which has an electric trim tab on the flying tailplane. I am planning to do the same with mine. I haven't heard of any Cheetahs being grounded.

I am not a fan of flying tailplanes ( nor is Bill Whitney who knows MUCH more then me) They have to be set up just right and maintained. I love Piper Commanche's and they have them but you must keep an eye on them. If you don't know what you are doing, get advice. With the fuselage mounted fuel tank, there is a lot of trim change with fuel load variation too.. Nev

Lofty can you tell me where, and what colour the cheetah was. the so called LAME that built one Sierra built his tail wrong and other things and no advice should be taken from him, If the guy got a letter why would it come from CASA, it would come from RAA.

Many people think they know how to do things ,very few know.

• Like 4

The Raa did not send the letter because its not on their website it would be under the airworthyness page. I am sorry I cant write any more as I am being kicked off this website by sum guy named Ian because he wont respect my privacy and he insists that I give him my phone number. I don't give out my phone number to people i have never met let alone a website.

You may notice that Lofty1 has met some criteria that is utilised to detect the "funny people" types that Nev has mentioned and has since departed.

For the record, there is no sinister objective to requiring a valid telephone number and e-mail address to have posting access on the forum. It is just one of several mechanisms used to weed out trolls and spammers.

I am after some information. A Morgan Aeroworka Cheetah at the local airfield has been grounded by a letter from CASA up to a month ago. I don't know exactly why although when I flew it I declared it as not fit to fly as the tail and trim wasn't optimal. The CASA letter is about the tail. (Obviously, being home built the build quality varies)So a couple of things, does anyone have the same situation and we are also chasing the name and number of a chap at Bendigo who is a LAME as he has built two of them and he has made modifications to the tail.

Thanks

It is interesting to note Lofty1 that you are requesting the name and number of a chap at Bendigo but not prepared to divulge your own.

Alan Marriette.

• Like 2