Caravan (208) Endorsement

Howdy. I did a Caravan Endorsement last week at the gold coast. It was my initial Turbine so quite an extensive ground school, 3 days, and a stack of manuals to get through.

But finally got to get airborne. There was another bloke doing his so I offered that he ride along during the flying component of my endo, provided he did some iphone fliming.

Though some of you may be instrested, its worth it just to listen to that jet engine spooling up.

Sorry for the crappy video, the conditions were pretty rough, choppy and strong Xwinds, so we were getting tossed around abit.

Dont give me grief about the Turn backs, it was extended training (company requirements of their pilots) to demo them from 1000ft (700 ft for the line pilots, in IMC). From 1000 ft on upwind leg its not an EFATO turn back, its a glide approach from upwind, which in the video I didnt make any way. Just a little power to get over the road at Lismore.

• Like 4

Guest Maj Millard

Well done Motz................................................Tomo eat your heart out !! 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif...........................012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Thanx guys. Yes Howard, im hooked, how can I fly piston engine now? I spent 3 days with my jaw on the table, such an elegant, simple design yet so powerful and efficient (comparatively).

I told the instructor I would have been happy to just push the power lever up and down into reverse for 3 hours.. mmmmm the sound alone is worth the $$$..

Flying the thing was no real drama, big lazy old 172 feel, just had to remmebr to flare a bit earlier. But once its down it stays down (a nice change from jabs).

I had an absolute blast, the best bit of training ive done in a long long time...

Im trying to scab up some ICUS with them ATM. They do IFR charter in the Vans, which is interesting..;)

Kaz, im waiting patiently for a postition to open up for my dream job, need a float endorsement first...(thats next month)

cheers

Guest Howard Hughes

I had probably my best aviation experience ever last week, no not an aircraft, but a brand spanking new $20 million B350 sim, had a blast!016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

But I digress, you gotta love not having to worry about shock cooling! Oh and reverse! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Bowie from Skydive the Beach based at Wollongong needs Caravan pilots. We had a down day yesterday due to the pilot hurting himself on Saturday and then the standby pilot had to go home and babysit his kids.

Guest Howard Hughes
Bowie from Skydive the Beach based at Wollongong needs Caravan pilots. We had a down day yesterday due to the pilot hurting himself on Saturday and then the standby pilot had to go home and babysit his kids.

I'd be giving it a go if I were you!

A little hint on reversing a Caravan. Don't do it! If you touch the brakes going backwards they will promptly sit on their butt.

And Kingairs!