GPS -v- MAP

I always have a map, and a GPS ,,,and an iPad with ozrunways,,,,the map has never failed me,,not even once ( although I have failed the map ) the garmin 495 has never failed me ,although I look at the little basta2d with distrust , the iPad with ozrunways is a toy and nothing more, I have it and I look at in flight but it freezes up regularly and needs a restart often enough to be considered as a novelty and nothing more,,,,,in my opinion

I use Ozrunnways on iPad, Garnmin 296 and maps, clock and compass. Keeps me occupied and I enjoy the exercise on Xcountry trips.

Having got to know Ozrunnways these past months, my only bitch is not the program but the user.

It did lockup on me twice now, both times I inadvertently touched the lock key located top right hand side about where you handle the IPad. Other time it shut down due to overheating. Fixed both by obvious means. It's a great tool but wouldn't and shouldn't use if your life depended on it. Same goes for GPS. I activated WAAS thinking I would get a better fix,the screen went blank when cloud cover appeared, again operator error.

Just my experience. Could help someone

Phil

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll look at the lock thing , it's done it a few times and I've turned it off and then restarted it to get it going again

Padlock symbol shows locked unlocked. Handy gadget, stops inadertant input when locked for safety

Phil.

I'll look at the lock thing , it's done it a few times and I've turned it off and then restarted it to get it going again

Met - don't know if this applies in your case but will in others- try using the iPad without it's 12 volt charger, some chargers have/ or do cause real interference and other issues with radios and autopilots. Notice I said some, not all.