Site Update - User Permissions

Admin

User permissions for the time allowed to edit/change a user's own post and the number of users that can be included in a Private Conversation have been updated:

Post Edit Time (after post has been submitted):

Standard Registered Users: 15mins (after this you will need to contact Site Admin or a Moderator)

First Class Members: unlimited

Sponsors: unlimited

Private Conversation Participants:

Standard Registered Users: 2

First Class Members: 5

Sponsors: 10

Hi Ian,

Just feedback - other fora have restricted editing time to prevent the odd disgruntled member who decides to leave from going through all his posts and deleting them and so destroying the threads. Good idea, however they have usually ended up setting the editing time to 24 hrs. I know that's been what I've generally needed as you quite often realise a need to change a thing or two after having thought about it for a few hours, or slept on it.

Also - who are the moderators here? And how does one contact them?

Hi Ian,Just feedback - other fora have restricted editing time to prevent the odd disgruntled member who decides to leave from going through all his posts and deleting them and so destroying the threads. Good idea, however they have usually ended up setting the editing time to 24 hrs. I know that's been what I've generally needed as you quite often realise a need to change a thing or two after having thought about it for a few hours, or slept on it.

Also - who are the moderators here? And how does one contact them?

You can contact me or Ahlocks...he is the Chief Moderator and came out of the closet some time back...the other moderators are still in the closet and Anon. There is a generic user that they all use called "Moderator"

The best way to have a lot of time available to edit your posts and also to have more users in a single conversation is to become a First Class Member (hopefully it's kind of a small incentive)

Just a quick First Class question, Ian: Could you PM F-C members when the year is up so that they can renew in time?

The site should automatically be doing it since about the end of September last year