Westport (NZ) Crash

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8246019/Two-killed-in-microlight-crashLooks like flying into IMC conditions (Fog). Very Sad.

Seems the aircraft was a Bantam B22S and yes probably weather and (possibly) darkness related.

The Transport Accident Investigation Commission (TAIC) will be investigating so we WILL get a FULL report.

Horrible...Not that a witness statement is ANY thing to go off..But do the Kiwis have similar rules to us regarding night flying in "microlights"? Just a question...

On another note, I found that article to be in very bad form. The police had not yet released names, but a "witness' confirmed the identity's?? WTF!!!!..Are you serious??

The article is full of speculation aswel.. Pretty poor journalism all round.. The poor victims family could very well have found out by opening the morning paper, and to top it off, they have speculative reasoning to boot from "witnesses".. Poor poor form if you ask me...

• Agree 1

Guest Pioneer200

hi motz, microlights here are not allowed to fly at night , however we are allowed in controlled airspace, but not over built up areas.

I couldn't agree more with motz, even if the report was acurate, there are certain protocols that should be followed.

Thats crap journalism at it's best, and I hope they read how we feel about it.

They need more training, or, another job.

• Agree 1