Electric carby heat for rotax and jab

ozbear

I have no experience with them but they seem to run ok on jabirus in England where it's a lot colder I have no carb heating on my a/c so am looking at alternatives .

Thanks Tornado they look ok I am wondering what the heating elements are. They only draw 5.5 amps .You would not need them on all the time and you can select 1 or 2 elements.

• Informative 1

Just had a look at web site mentioned in FT's post above. Product attaches to the outside of one side of the carb and heats the outside of the carb body. Seems to me that if you need carb heat in a hurry you need hot air in the carb throat to melt ice forming before it possibly causes the engine to stop altogether. It may be necessary with this system to have it turned on in advance if you suspect icing could be a possibility for it to be of any benefit. Not a good idea in my opinion. Just my thoughts.

Conventional carb heat works a treat on Jabs - no need for electric coil assistance in my experience.

Hi bill I don't have a conventional system on the aircraft that's why I was looking at the direct electrical approach

I've used it on a HKS. You tend to leave it on all the time. There might be occasions when you feel confident enough to leave it off as long as you pick them carefully. At least it works when you are in a long descent, where perhaps the exhaust might have cooled down enough not to be effective. Nev