RAA 2013 General Elections for Board

Spriteah

The answer to the post that Airsick did not answer is referring to a relationship between his brother and Coates but instead he chose to come out in an attacking manner with accusations of lies with his selective disclosure...I gave him leeway to simply state the fact of the relationship and then simply move on, as I posted, but he chose not to and that was his decision and which is why his attacking post was moderated...now, the question has been answered and if you want more info on the relationship that existed then please do so using the PM system or this thread will be closed.

Guest airsick

For the record I replied to Ian's post and it was moderated. To be fair I didn't answer the question but that was because I never knew what it was, instead there was some vague insinuation of me not telling the truth. Despite Ian not saying what he was getting at it has since come to my attention that he was referring to a business dealing between my brother and Michael Coates. If he had simply asked then I would have answered and we wouldn't be here now. I don't know the full extent of this relationship but my understanding is this...

In around 2003 my brother purchased a Pipistrel aircraft. He was so impressed with it that he agreed to show it off to the world and do demonstrations for Michael Coates and help spread the good word about the plane. His views on the aircraft (and mine) are shared by the likes of NASA who has awarded the aircraft several prizes over the years for various achievements, the Experimental Aircraft Association who awarded the prestigious Dr August Raspet Memorial Award to Pipistrel and several others who have conducted world record breaking flights in the aircraft.

I don't know what the arrangement involved in terms of money but I do know that there was no gain whatsoever to me. (Is there an echo in here?)

Over time my brother showed the aircraft off to potential buyers, went to NatFly each year and various other fly-ins, even did some charity work in the aircraft raising money for an association supporting blind people. Some years later, around 2008 I think (although I could be wrong), my brother and Michael finished the agreement and as far as I know haven't renewed it. Despite this they still stay in contact regularly. As I said earlier I know Michael and I talk to him throughout the year, see him at NatFly and so on, but there's nothing other than that.

Can we move on now please?

Cheers,

Michael

I understood the original question from Peter to be directed at Michael Monc (MM) and MMs relationship with Michael Coates (MC)? It would have helped if the question was clearer.

But in any case is Michael his brother's keeper ......?