Wayne Fisher Memorial Fly-In

JG3

My daughter collapsed from dehydration and after short lie down under Martin and AnnMaree Jacksons wing, she didn't improve so I spent two hours at the hospital, about half an hour back at the field to try and let Annmaree know how we got on, then headed home about five hours earlier than planned. I would like to get their number so i can ring and thank them for their help if anyone here could PM the phone number to me that would be great.

Is Janice all OK now mate?

Jasmine is fine now, standing around listening to her father talk about plane building is a pretty dry old diet! Top hospital in that little country town though, they tested her for just about everything in that two hours, the doctors were already on the way for kid with a broken wrist so we had two doctors and an excellent nursing staff treated us wonderfully. Even gave me a cold bottle of water so I didn't go down next.

I dont know them Steve...but I am sure someone will know. I gather they hooked her up to a bag of fluid.......you meanie fancy not giving her a drink while you were there.......Well I had a good time and learnt a lot so that was the object of the exercise

Neil do you have contact numbers for them at OS about rooms etc?

I dont know them Steve...but I am sure someone will know.

I rang Ian Ellis, got his wife but she wouldn't give me the number, only offered to pass on my thanks. After days standing around with them on the Outback Aircraft site at Natfly she must have decided I was a bit too shady to trust!

Sounds like the best turn out for many years! Thanks for everyone's reply ! I have been talking to the guys at Inglewood they tell me the dinner was another hit. Hope that the tribute to Wayne was a special moment and that everyone had a drink to honour the god of drifters ! As you can all see I am new to this website , but shall keep an eye on it so I don't miss any of the great fly ins planned. Just a little about me for you all. I began flying Hang gliders many years ago and learnt at Byron and then flew a lot of inland in my home town of Killarney. Heaven for hang gliders ! Having the problem of retrieving vehicle from launch site and so on, I progressed onto motor harnesses as a launch platform. Not always when burning fuel does a hang glider go up !!! So I then decided I needed more power, and hence the drifter was parked in my shed. Have not really looked back since, but do miss the silence of the thermals on the odd occasion! Still fun trying to thermal the drifter thou. Now that I have the extra seat I very rarely travel alone as my wife is permanently fixed in the back seat. We like to just head off and camp in different areas where ever we can find room to land. I've been attending Inglewood for the last nine years and my wife has been there also for last four. Both really disappointed we missed this year. Anyway we are onto it for next year . Thanks to you all. We are now living in the Lockyer valley just south of Atkinson Dam with our little strip of 315 metres ( 24 - 06 ) running parallel to seven mile lagoon on the western shore line. Any one traveling thru is welcome to drop in for a coffee and chat if you can get into short strips. And not to mention the bird life on the lagoon is amazing for those interested in bird watching. Is the flying at Mt Archer a Fly in & Camp week end ? Till then , take care and safe flying.

Firefly

Thats the lagoon you fly over when coming from the north to land at Lynfield the one way in and out and specific track to fly into at Kevins place. I was looking on google for a airstrip but its a 2010 map and may not show it. I know that area reasonably well I did quite a few runs around and into Bradfield and did a couple of trips into Lynfield. Kevin took me for my licence test. Its scarey flying into Lynfield with a tailwind

Sounds like the best turn out for many years!. Thanks to you all. We are now living in the Lockyer valley just south of Atkinson Dam with our little strip of 315 metres ( 24 - 06 ) running parallel to seven mile lagoon on the western shore line. Any one traveling thru is welcome to drop in for a coffee and chat if you can get into short strips. And not to mention the bird life on the lagoon is amazing for those interested in bird watching. Is the flying at Mt Archer a Fly in & Camp week end ? Till then , take care and safe flying.

I'm an ex hangie too FireFly, and ill take you up on your invitation to drop in there this weekend if ok, as you can see from my tag I have a Sav, so no worries about the strip.

Once thought of the tag. " Savannah pilots like it short" but thought better of the inference!!

Great to have you on the forum...