Video: Drifter flying

biggles

Hmmm, strangely familiar, or maybe not so strange!

It's a great part of the world for flying eh Biggles. And what a way to see it; in a Drifter.

Good stuff and thanks for posting. It brings back memories of the back of that crusty ol' blokes head:roflmao:

Pud

where was this? im wanting to take my drifter up north, might be a nice spot to stop in and say gday!

The strip is on private property about 30 km South of Cairns and belongs to forum member Farri . Send him a PM for more details . He is a very capable pilot ( former CFI ) and a nice bloke . Being a Drifter pilot I'm sure you will have much in common .

Bob.

• Like 1

Hmmm, strangely familiar, or maybe not so strange!It's a great part of the world for flying eh Biggles. And what a way to see it; in a Drifter.

Good stuff and thanks for posting. It brings back memories of the back of that crusty ol' blokes head:roflmao:

Pud

Yeah Pud he certainly lives in a beautiful part of the world , ( well most of the time anyway ) , and what a contrast to that part of the world you live in . Didn't think he would ever venture further South than Innisfail , but have it on good authority that someone answering his description was recently seen in Melbourne , would you believe !

Bob

Yeah Pud he certainly lives in a beautiful part of the world , ( well most of the time anyway ) , and what a contrast to that part of the world you live in . Didn't think he would ever venture further South than Innisfail , but have it on good authority that someone answering his description was recently seen in Melbourne , would you believe !Bob

Noooo!!! What a turncoat, fraternising with the bloody mexicans.

About time he (and you) ventured to the best (West) part of the continent I reckon. Come and get some dust in your eyes:wink:

Pud

• Like 1

G`Day Anderw, Glad you think the vid is ok! Bob (Biggles) did well,considering it was late in the afternoon and the device he used to take the footage on! The area is my home base here at Deeral,45k south of Cairns and the beach is the north shore of the Russell Heads,just over the hill from home. I`ve always worn a cap! I simply keep it tight enough and I have a cord attached to it,just in case. There`s a story behind that cap and I don`t want to loose it.

Cheers,

Frank.

Great video... Didn't think the iPad2 would be that good!

I've gone and wasted my money on a GoPro Hero3...!! I expect better results though, and its good to have the wifi remote control plus, there is no way I'd let anyone bring anything unsecured in a trike!

No radios then...

Looks like fun, especially the beach low fly by...

G`day kernit, Yes it is good fun and that is what some of us are all about but it needs to be remembered that the fun will verry quickly go out of it if it all goes wrong.

I don`t want to appear to be preaching but eveyone needs to remain within their comfort zone and ability!

Frank.

hI YA FRANK I'm a thruster 85 man I know whatcha mean REGARDS LINAL PS FRANK How do you put a video onto the site .. like how long is a film to run ,does it go through you tube first I have heaps of hours of film I like you ,would like to show our country side to TA

Kermit, A Thruster pilot! Good on you! I had a go at a Thruster, way back when Pat McGrath was instructing with one. Love to see your country! Try asking Admin or Biggles. I can fly but I don`t know how to post a vidio,havn`t done it.

Kermit, A Thruster pilot! Good on you! I had a go at a Thruster, way back when Pat McGrath was instructing with one. Love to see your country! Try asking Admin or Biggles. I can fly but I don`t know how to post a vidio,havn`t done it.

I'll come in here Frank . Kermit this was the first time I had used the IPad to video ,and the 12 or so minutes was downloaded onto YouTube unedited . If I was doing it again I would edit first before transferring onto YouTube . I was surprised how simple it was but you will need to open an account first ,which is really just a matter of supplying your details to them . You can then download to Recreational Flying by following the instructions contained on the site . I am still learning myself , but hope this answers some of your concerns .

Bob

Good stuff and thanks for posting. It brings back memories of the back of that crusty ol' blokes head:roflmao:Pud

Hey Pud! Hoo ya callen old and crusty? Hope it isn`t me! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

where was this? im wanting to take my drifter up north, might be a nice spot to stop in and say gday!

Hi aus, you`re welcome any time! Want some contact deatails, juat ask.

That's what flying a Drifter is all about Fantastic .[/quoteYep, you got it.

Frank. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Hey Pud! Hoo ya callen old and crusty? Hope it isn`t me! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Good to see you are as feisty as ever farri:wave:

I'm gonna have to post up some more Thruster videos to stave off the Drifter competition I think - what else ya got biggles? I'm off to the hangar on Friday so I'll take the video camera with me.

I hope all is well with you and Fran.

Pud

I'm gonna have to post up some more Thruster videos to stave off the Drifter competition I think - what else ya got biggles? I'm off to the hangar on Friday so I'll take the video camera with me.I hope all is well with you and Fran

Pud

OK you flying broomstick pilots . This is my very first video with the IPad and shows the deficiencies when filming in low light conditions with the IPad although I believe that the current edition " Retina display " is an improvement over IPad2 in these conditions . This is also unedited which is something I have yet to learn . One of the other difficulties using the IPad for open cockpit flying is holding it steady due to the wind resistance , even when doing only 50 knots .

Bob