How to get to the Oaks

Admin

If I was going from Riddells (Melb) up to the Flyin at Camden Haven I would be going Shepparton - Temora - Mudgee. But say I wanted to go via The Oaks does anyone have any suggestions on how I would go about it? There seems to be some high country that may be a bit "tigery" from my normal route that is all flat grazing land over to the Oaks.

Now that would be nice Chris and as you will be with me you would have to do all the planning then 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif but how do I get past Sydney - Victor 1 would be good but I would need to get life jackets etc?

The light aircraft lane from bankstown to Pittwater is not too bad - gliding distance of the freeway. You could then track coastal - no need for lifejackets as you can stay within gliding distance of the shore. Williamstown should be deactivated on weekends but if not the coastal route is spectacular and you can stay close to the shore. Victor 1 needs lifejackets because you have to straight line in a few places.

Guest Marilyn C

Ian ,

I'd agree with Ian above . From The Oaks track North towards Warragamba Dam , this will keep you clear of the Camden GAAP area and from East abeam the Dam you should track out to the NE and overfly Prospect Reservoir maintaining about 1800'-2000' as this should place you above any inbound Bankstown traffic and then direct to Parramatta CBD . Track via the Bankstown lane of entry Northbound via Horsnby and Patonga . At Patonga proceed either coastal or overhead Gosford and the Lakes to Nobbys Head . If Willy is active follow ERSA instructions and request a clearance via the coastal lane Northbound via Port Stephens Lighthouse .Just keep the green stuff out to the left from there on and proceed to Camden Haven . This route cuts a few miles off the V1 alternative , and if the weather favours it you can always go that way on your return trip . I will discuss it with you at Camden Haven anyway .

Dave C

oops !! ... Did this under Marilyn's sign on , never noticed ... Ah Well !