Flight Test coming soon - advice?

Practice test on Sunday, feeling pretty well prepared. Think my steep turns might be a bit rusty, but hoping it all comes back to me. I'm like Eric, i have a hard time vocalising the checklists, seems to divert a disproportionate amount of processing power to make my lips move when i am trying to concentrate on the PFL's haha! Especially the passenger brief, that in particular seems to jar the train off the rails.

wish me luck, real thing next!!

Practice test on Sunday, feeling pretty well prepared. Think my steep turns might be a bit rusty, but hoping it all comes back to me. I'm like Eric, i have a hard time vocalising the checklists, seems to divert a disproportionate amount of processing power to make my lips move when i am trying to concentrate on the PFL's haha! Especially the passenger brief, that in particular seems to jar the train off the rails.wish me luck, real thing next!!

That all seems very familiar; good luck with it.

Stick with whatever your Instructor wants on the pax brief, but if he hasn't specified everything, try writing down one key word for each different thing you are going to refer to - the tongue will adapt and fill in on the day, and it's easier to burn single words into your brain, but not:

Get in

Sit down

Shut up

Hang on

That all seems very familiar; good luck with it.Stick with whatever your Instructor wants on the pax brief, but if he hasn't specified everything, try writing down one key word for each different thing you are going to refer to - the tongue will adapt and fill in on the day, and it's easier to burn single words into your brain, but not:

Get in

Sit down

Shut up

Hang on

Bugger, you beat me to it. That's my PAX brief. But I have one more in mine. Mine goes-

Get in

Sit down

Strap in

Shut up and

Hang on.

028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif

Haha, good one guys... probably not too far from reality I guess. Mine goes along the lines of acknowledging that there has been a failure, reassuring the PAX that the aircraft is designed to glide perfectly well without it and that I have been trained in these situations, and a quick instruction to remove any sharp objects, glasses, loose items and be ready to vacate the a/c immediately after landing and shutdown. I'll have a think about a way to put that into a mnemonic as it really is a separate train of thought from the thoughts related to performing the actions. Guess that's a Human Factor.

Guest Howard Hughes
Bugger, you beat me to it. That's my PAX brief. But I have one more in mine. Mine goes-Get in

Sit down

Strap in

Shut up and

Hang on.

028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif

Mine is simpler and to the point: "If you see me running, TRY and KEEP UP" !!

Well - practice test done and dusted, and that was a turnup for the books.... all the stuff I stressed over ie the training area stuff, I more or less nailed. The stuff I didn't give any thought to, ie the circuit work, I choked HARD. I honestly thought at this point I had circuits down well enough, but alot of things combined to throw me off and I got flustered and never recovered... kept crowding myself, everything was all over the place - honestly I think i flew better on my first lesson!

So yeah, now i've been busted down to "remedial circuits" before I can take my test. But good to know that I have the other stuff down better than I thought, and I know what I need to work on. Really need to learn not to rush things, and to be more methodical under pressure.

• Like 1