Has anybody heard any news about the Barnaby Wainfan designed Facetmobile? There surely is a lot of scope in the amateur building arena for a ultralight of this type. A pity that he appears to have shunned the opportunity to release plans for his well developed design. If a few u/l versions were built, it would raise the general awareness of this form or aircraft and give him a better chance of raising finance to get his business afloat.

Peter T

• 3 weeks later...

A lifting body aircraft would be suitably easy to build, and it is reported to have benign handling characteristics. The structure is robust, which improves pilot safety. I'd like to see one in the flesh and since the only ultralight one is residing in the USA, I cannot afford the tickets just to get a look at it.

Facet.jpg.b3633c7386a7ef20757b1523c49f4d97.jpg

This one was at Oshkosh in 1994, I believe.

Guest Andys@coffs

hmmm clearing turns would need to be effective....unless it has Perspex to the floor

Andy

The Facetmobile did have a perspex floor and I am sure it would have been developed if there was any real advantage to that type of airframe. It was flown about half way acoss the USA to get to Oshkosh and I think the only problem was a flat tyre.