Pre Purchase (what to look for?)

Tadge

Good Day All,

Any areas to pay particular attention to with the Gazelle?

Plan on having a LAME have a look around, however figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here too.

Regards,

Tadge

As always get an expert on type. (which I am not)... These aircraft are getting a bit long in the tooth so some will have serious issues and others will have life ahead of them. Fabric condition, spar life and airframe corrosion. damage history and maintenance flap mounts and mechanism. There are some wood and plastic parts there that have to be right. Nev

• Like 1

Thanks Nev,

The LAME that I have available is not a Skyfox guy. I'm sure there will be a few around this area.

If anyone knows of someone ,please PM me with details.

Regards,

Tadge

Is it the one that was used for training up there? I think John?????? had one there for training but hasnt done it for a couple of years. Dieter at Ycab used to do all the maint on the gazelle that was here. Bill at Caboolture Recreational Flying will have his number they used to use the gazelle that was here

Thanks All for the replys, looks like I have found a good guy.

G'day Alan, yes your right B Tadge here.

I thought of you the other day. I heard old NTZ flying around.

Cheers,

Tadge

• Like 1

Thanks All for the replys, looks like I have found a good guy.G'day Alan, yes your right B Tadge here.

I thought of you the other day. I heard old NTZ flying around.

Cheers,

Tadge

I'll have to drop in and say g'day next time I'm passing CDR. It didn't take you long to get onto the heavies - S92 operator now. Well done!

If you heard NTZ I guess you're doing the oil rigs out of Darwin? Rotor Services?

I think you met Mandawuy when you came up to Gove? I guess you heard he was given a State funeral yesterday? Sad day for the music industry.

I was just talking about your father on this forum the other day, best helicopter engineer in Oz I reckon, I never had a single breakdown or cause for concern.

G'day Alan,

Yes we were up Darwin way, only recently moved back to the coast.

Currently touring to Broome (CHC), servicing the rigs off the NW shelf, been up there since '06.

Yes, sad news regarding Mandawuy, came out of the blue.

If your ever up around Caloundra way give me a call.

Tadge

• Like 1