New to the air

Gpshaun

Hi Gpshaun and welcome!

I'm in Allens Rivulet so can pretty much see the Sandfly strip from here. (Never heard it called the Sandfly International Airport, but that makes sense, you can get a beer over the highway at the Longley International Hotel!)

Haven't noticed a Jab flying around the area, is it based there now?

• Like 1

Cool! As you can tell from my user name, I'm not yet a pilot, but I live in Kingston. Where are you planning to do your training?

With Eugene Reed he is about to start operating Freedom Flight from Cambridge in the next month or so.

• Like 2
  • Caution 1

Hi Gpshaun and welcome!I'm in Allens Rivulet so can pretty much see the Sandfly strip from here. (Never heard it called the Sandfly International Airport, but that makes sense, you can get a beer over the highway at the Longley International Hotel!)

Haven't noticed a Jab flying around the area, is it based there now?

I think Eugene is only down at Sandfly two days a week. He's not allowed to run training from there because noise issues with houses. How long have you been building the 701?

With Eugene Reed he is about to start operating Freedom Flight from Cambridge in the next month or so.

That's the best news I've heard in a long time!! I was beginning to think no-one did non-GA training in southern Tas.

I've been building the 701 for a couple of years now, only completed rudder / stab / elevators & most of one wing so far.

Reason I'm interested in Sandfly is because I'd like to hangar the plane there when finished, or at least trailer it in if hangarage not available. Not sure of the set up though - had a chat there with Stan Tilley a couple years back but didn't get around to discussing the operation of the strip. Still, if Eugene is going to be flying from there occasionally I'll get in contact with him.

• Like 1