g'day from boleropilot

hi guys,

this is my first post, i'm a member of the Boonah Flying Tigers, hoping to start my training around the end of '07 and get into a drifter (or sapphire) soon after getting my licence

i'm a flightsim fanatic, i'm the bloke who writes the flightsim articles for Australian Flying magazine - there're lotsa guys out there with heaps more technical knowledge than me but i write nice an' easy, so the flightsim articles are aimed at the beginner (or somone who's been flying for a little while)

looking forward to being a part of the forum, particularly the threads on flightsimming

cheers

boleropilot

Guest Decca

welcome

Hi BP. Looks like you’ve nearly done it all, and survived!! Good to see you’re retiring to recreational flying. Big event on this weekend for the forum at Camden Haven - the first forum fly-in. It’s going to be the last one I miss though. Anyhow WELCOME! Hope you enjoy the forums.

Regards, Decca.

I have been thinking of late on giving this area of the forums a boost afterall flightsimming can be regarded as recreational but haven't really decided what to do about it as yet - I have one idea which I will look into soon unless other have any ideas - even if this area should be just left alone as it isn't of much relevance at all - welcome any thoughts!

Guest Decca

FS forum

Yeah sorry Ian I actually posted this welcome in the wrong forum. I believe the FS forum has an important role to play in rec aviation. Firstly as a guide to manipulating an a/c in VFR ONLY conditions, even if only for students to demonstrate primary & secondary effects of flight controls for example, & other basic flight procedures. Why not ask boleropilot if he can give us an appreciation of which might be the best flight simulators, or an indication of what is good freeware? As long as NOBODY attempts to use flight instruments that aren’t meant to be used in our VFR only environment. It’s ONLY with the correct training that a pilot can go solo IFR outside of a Flight SIMULATOR within which the crash function can be turned off. I can’t imagine the day we could fly IFR given the aircraft we fly & their limitations. So you’ve got MY interest. What is your idea?

Regards, Decca.

Gday Bolero,

Glad to see you made it over here m8.

Looking forward to reading some more of your gr8 sim knowledge.

I,ll have to write up a reort on the FSAP synthetic trainer I,m going to have a whirl on soon. I,m good friends with the guys there and they,ve just unveiled their latest Mk. Theres a review on it in the latest "Australian Aviation"

Cheers Aussie (aka- Boneyard Wrangler :pig:

g'day guys

hey decca, probly shooden mention this but - t'other night i was doin sumthin silly in a fast jet and ended up totally disoriented in cloud, i just concentrated on the AI to get me back 'wings level' and survived

the BIG difference is, of course, i didn't have my internal head data telling me i was upside down due to the G forces upsetting my inner ear canals, which of course is what makes non-IFR pilots dis-believe their instruments

don't want to be seen as a 'plugger' but the latest edition of Australian Flying mag has Part one of setting up a flightsim system on a computer, twood be a good read for anyone thinking about getting into simming

and as far as this forum is concerned, anything you want on simming, just ask, i am happy to tailor it to your needs

cheers,

bp

ps g'day aussie steve, always nice to say Hi to a Pig fan..........;)