long time license holder

eiclan

Gday from Perth,Had a license for a long time but haven't flown for a long time,well couple of helicopter lessons recently don't really count as they were more random movements in odd directions,so am looking to retire and build something . The preference is for four wings and a big round heavy proppenflinger up front.I am an old fitter machinist fabricator so expect to see me pop up and sprout on about the working of metal. Cheers

Welcome to the forum eiclan.There are never enough homebuilders, looking forward to hearing more about your project.

Tell us more about yourself ... any pictures?

Cheers, Alan

Gday Alan,thanks for that mate I will have to trawl through the machine to find some aviation pics.One of my brother is on to his second glasair though this one is a rebuild of a crashed aircraft but it had to be basically deconstructed and put back together again.One of my other bros is into helicopters and has his commercial.so I got a few pics if I can find them . Cheers

001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

• Like 1

Build or buy a Polikarpov. Wayback,the nitrocellulose dope had silver added to it It wasn't painted as such. The oily parts round the engine had a colour . mines the BLUE /RED ORANGE etc one..Nev

Rgmwa, that looks like the foreshore of the Swan river, Langley park or something like that. I flew a C210 in there many years ago when the red bull came to town. I love WA, awesome place, fantastic people. Haven't been there for 10 years.

You're right Patrick, it's Langley Park. It's a unique place. Not too many cities with an airfield on the river just in front of the city buildings. The Red Bull teams flew from there until they stopped coming. Since then we've had a couple of fly-ins there, so hopefully they will keep going. The builder of the Culp Special is also my SAAA tech counsellor. His aircraft is an absolute work of art. It's fitted with a 360 Vedeneyev M-14P radial which sounds great. This is it:

rgmwa

Thanks chaps,the M14 radial is a wonderfully ponderous engine and in the culp is monumentous.I have a set of Hatz CB1 plans that I am looking at but I have been looking for something more simple so am still looking. I like the look of the Breezy for some reason as I only want to putt around on a fine summers day. Cheers