iPhone app

Hi all, I'm doing a trip in the next couple of weeks from Vic to Qld and was thinking of setting up something so people could track me in real time , is there an iPhone/ iPad app that would be suitable ,

Cheers Mat

We use "life360" on the iphone. Works good if you do not go too high to be out of range of towers. About 6000 & it sometimes drops out.

Also gets confused if there is a built up area below and there are a number of towers close by. Still good to use for us however. Only used it to 350 miles to date.

Hi all, I'm doing a trip in the next couple of weeks from Vic to Qld and was thinking of setting up something so people could track me in real time , is there an iPhone/ iPad app that would be suitable ,Cheers Mat

Hello MM2, this topic comes up regularly, most recently in

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/tracking-aps.64779/#post-304470

Hi all, I'm doing a trip in the next couple of weeks from Vic to Qld and was thinking of setting up something so people could track me in real time , is there an iPhone/ iPad app that would be suitable ,Cheers Mat

Hi Mat

Hope you have a great trip. What are you taking?

If its just the family you want to be able to track you, "Where is my iPhone" might be a cheap option.

I've misplaced mine a couple of times and it has been incredibly accurate just using google maps.

When is the crew from YCEM going to come up for a Saturday 3 course dinner at GVAC? It's on every Saturday.

Kaz

Hey Kaz, I'm taking the my plane , at 80 knots I'll get a lot of time to look at the scenery, and there's 3-4 other planes going . A couple of archer/warrior types ,a beech baron, and another one I think, we're going to start with AUSFLY first them onto white cliffs, noccundra ,birdsville, Longreach , then a couple of days on Fraser Island then heading south ,we are stopping at as many aviation museums and sights as possible.

As for shep , I'm keen when we get back and I'll give them all a shove, sometimes people just need a bit of a push to go places ,

Cheers Matty

Guest Maj Millard

Hi Matt, Your more than welcome to email me your route or intentions for the day, and I'm more than happy to run a sar for you daily if you like. I did this for a couple who flew around Australia a couple of years ago. My email is rossm3370@ optusnet.com.au or mob 0422119051. I carry my Ipad at all times.

Oh by the way I flew yesterday after putting in 20 Lts of avgas on 40 Lts of 95/98 mix and the 912 just sang the whole flight...the additional smoothness is noticeable ..............cheers Ross

Interesting Maj,I talked to Floods about the low octane fuel , they say NO additives, I'll be putting about 40 l of ulp over 40 of AvGas, one suggestion was to keep the rpm down a bit , I'll have miles of runway and the place is pretty flat so it might be an answer to the low octane . It only at noccundra that I'll have to do it ,everywhere else has 100ll,

Thanks for the sar offer I'll let you know ,cheers