Low level Navs this weekend

Yup, YCNK via YWVA.. should be there around 1330-ish? Not sure how long we'll stay, is there a cafe or facilities?

Ben - just planning the last bit of the XC syllabus before my solo and test flights, a low level nav to YCNK and back (with a diversion in there somewhere)

What a beautiful day it was yesterday, did our low-level navs up from Warnervale to Cessnock - what great fun, almost like driving a car; eyes outside a lot more and basically steering from point to point. I'll put the link to the blog when I get it written up. Diversions were equally fun and challenging, and I felt like I did really well with my in-flight mental maths.

That's pretty much it for the XC syllabus, just need to do my solo and the test! Got a month before I can go up again, so will probably do a consolidation flight first so I'm not hopelessly rusty on the day. His plan for my solo looks like a tour of country NSW - Young, cootamundra, wyalong, forbes, parkes and back... hope there are some decent visual references out there, the map looks pretty sparse!

Back in the office and it is too damn nice to be inside!

• Like 1

One of the interesting features of the J170 & its 135Litres of fuel is that you could cover the total solo time requirement for your XC and very nearly your PAX endorsements in one flight! Not sure I would like to be tackling the landing after a 9 hour uninterrupted flight though :) Heres hoping the westerlies go easy on you.

• Caution 1