Byron bay

ausadvance

Hey guys, went up for a spin yesterday and took my go pro, was just playing with some new angles. got a few nice shots including some whales. annoyingly the lens has a scratch on it which sort of ruins the video but theres still some ok shots in there

• Like 2

Thank you, that was great, loved it!

Should have given you a shout a few weeks back to take me for a spin, and we could have stopped off at the Co-op and pigged out on some fresh prawn afterwards:thumb up:.

Kind Regards

Planey

What settings do you use on the GoPro? I just can't seem to get a good picture without waves going through it.

I have the same problems all the time! i have no idea what to do about it. the setting i use is record, thats as far as my go pro knowledge goes!

Thank you, that was great, loved it!Should have given you a shout a few weeks back to take me for a spin, and we could have stopped off at the Co-op and pigged out on some fresh prawn afterwards:thumb up:.

Kind Regards

Planey

Anytime your about mate say gday! Same to anyone else, Im down in the byron gliding hangar at the eastern end of the strip

Compulsion:

To stop the wigglys with the GoPro, try setting it on the 50fps 720 resolution. The other key point is to mount the camera where the vibration is minimal. I mount mine on my wing struts fairly close to the end near the attach point on the wing. If I mount it in the middle of the strut, I get wigglys (technical name, Rolling Shutter Distortion). Also, the mount should have the least number of adapters possible and they should be TIGHT. Also, if the camera is in bright sunlight, the electronics will increase the electronic equivalent of the shutter speed and this will cause the curved prop look. A neutral density filter over the lens tricks the camer into thinking it's a bit darker and it will slow the shutter speed, so you get a blur for a prop rather than the scimitar look.

HTH