Mittagong

Hello, Does anyone have any info on Mittagong airport? in regards to hangarage, and possibility of flying regularly out of there? as it will be a lot closer to me than Goulburn... all i know of Mittagong is that i have used it as a waypoint on many a trip from Bankstown to Canberra a long time ago.

Thanks in advance..

That's an interesting comment Chris, what would you consider to be more reasonable for landing fees?

What seems to be the average landing fees to airfields around our nation?

What's your view if the landing fee is the only income for the operator - for non council/government owners?

Hopefully it will be like the Hunter recreation flying club i am still a member of, membership covers maintenance of the clubhouse and a $150 per annum to Cessnock council buys you 12 months unlimited use of the airfield!

Mittagong (YMIG) is diabolical in any sort of westely wind, and we are coming to the "windy season" right now. Cessna twins have been lost off the end of the runway under such conditions. This is definietly an airfield where local knowledge and a healthy respect for rotor-turbulence due terrain is required.

Guest David C
Mittagong (YMIG) is diabolical in any sort of westely wind, and we are coming to the "windy season" right now. Cessna twins have been lost off the end of the runway under such conditions. This is definietly an airfield where local knowledge and a healthy respect for rotor-turbulence due terrain is required.

Yes it's not the best in those conditions .... The last time Darren and I took a flight there we decided to overfly and return to The Oaks , seeing as the windsock was out straight and 90degs to the runway heading ..

Dave C