Atec Zephyr To Return To Australia

Guest DWB

Yes it's true & you heard it here first.

Sean Griffin from The Oaks, & myself have been appointed ATEC distributors in Australia, trading as ATEC Aircraft Sales Australasia.

I guess some would say, do we really need another aircraft to choose from. Well as Zephyr owners ourselves and talking to other owners we believe there should be the opportunity for others to share in this experience of this great aircraft from the Czech Republic http://www.atecaircraft.eu/en/. It will be a quick build kit import.

Hopefully we will be able to introduce the FAETA (basically an all composite version of the Zephyr) & SOLO (single seater) to Australia as well. Watch for our ads in the new year.

Looking forward to our new venture & meeting many of you as we get things rolling.

Dexter Burkill

Just had a look at the specs on the atec zephyr,, 116 knots cruise, pretty impressive , does your zephyr get along at that ? The MTOW is low I think that's a euro thing, what will they be in Oz?

Looks nice mate, should sell a few , what sort of price range will the kits be in?

Mat all the Zephyr's here are 544kg. I generally cruise at 105 - 110kn. Can get it up to 125kn but becomes uneconomical & gotta be no turbulence. Kit will be quick build. Everything painted & supplied. Engine & Avionics are to be sourced in Australia by the owner, recommended 912 ULS 100HP but can be 80HP if wanted but I wouldn't recommend it. All else is in the kit incl. FITI 3 blade prop.

I'll PM you with other info. as I don't want to be seen to be using the forum for cheap advertising, although I guess I have with what I've already stated. My thread was more to be a general announcement & not sales pitch. We're still working on a few loose ends atm so just PM me if you want any more info everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest BlackRod

Just been reading some of the specs and I like the idea of the wing tanks in the Faeta version. Look forward to having a good look at your aircraft at NatFly over Easter.

Will the Carbon Fibre Zaeta go to 600kg MTOW?

Will the Carbon Fibre Zaeta go to 600kg MTOW?

No unfortunately. The Faeta is approved to 550kg in the USA & we are waiting for RAAus to respond to query on acceptance of that certification for Australia. Might have to chase them up actually. It's been a couple of months since I inquired. I know they have had other serious matters to deal with & haven't pestered them.