WORK EXPERIENCE

Guest Head In The Clouds

Guest Head In The Clouds

hi all.

im in year 10 and at the end of this year i have to do a weeks work experience.

i live in pambula, just above the vic border and about half way between sydney and melbourne. i have tried QANTAS just out of interest and got a big fat no all round, but i was half expecting that. i am interested both in the flying of planes (no.1) and the aeronautical engineering side of things. just wondering if you had any ideas as to what i could do.

travelling is cool, so i dont mind if ive got to spend a week away (mum would love to give the bank account a little workout!).006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

:idea:looking forward to see what ideas spring up!092_idea.gif.47940f0a63d4c3c507771e6510e944e5.gif

Thanx

ADAM....:big_grin:

G'day Adam, glad to see that you have some idea of what you want to do with your life. Too many of your age group have no idea and end up in boring jobs. I'm too far away from you to be able to help you in your quest, but I wish you all the best.

Have you considered an RAAF backed university course. Not sure how it goes but it might be a way into flying and or aero' engineering.

Regards, Doug (Obviously ex RAF)

Adam,

Good to hear of your interest in aviation. Merimbula airport is just around the corner from you. Why not make contact with Rex (the local LAME) to see if he can help. Also, do the rounds of the various other operators there like Alan Lindsay and his flying school. You never know until you give it a go.

All the best,

Paul

Just a wild hope as I don't know what work experience costs employers nowadays. For a really interesting type of job why not try the Temora Aviation Museum. They are always working on lovely old aircraft.

If you're interested in options in Defence, defintely give the Air Force a call. I was lucky enough to do work experience with the Air Force as a pilot when I was in year 10. Spent 5 days at 1FTS when it was at point cook attending classes, going to briefings and got a few flights in as well...in CT4s of course ;).

Cheers,

Matt.

Guest Head In The Clouds
Adam,Good to hear of your interest in aviation. Merimbula airport is just around the corner from you. Why not make contact with Rex (the local LAME) to see if he can help. Also, do the rounds of the various other operators there like Alan Lindsay and his flying school. You never know until you give it a go.

All the best,

Paul

Paul, yeah, Alan Lindsay is based with my uncle, at the merimbula airport. i got a week with them at the start of the year, and im hoping that if i get a job (probably dish pigging) i might get some lessons with Alan, top bloke.

By Rex do you mean regional express or rex the mechanic?. If the latter i plan on ringing him soon.

The Air Force would be awesome as well. i didnt realise that they would do that sort of thing. Im thinking of giving the guys in Sale a call. cant wait.

Thanks for your interest Fellas...

Adam;)