JOEY 2

Guest disperse

Guest disperse

just thought i would start a thread on the joey/ joey2

so please if you know a little or a lot about this plane post it here so i can learn a little more THANKS

also if someone has or is building 1 any info would be great THANKS AGAIN Troy

• 1 month later...

Troy I'm with you the Joey2 would be a fantastic deal I would love to be able to afford one myself with a 3300 Jab engine, my dream aircraft.

Don avatar723_6.gif

Guest disperse

there is a half finished joey2 in the mag this month ........ comes with a low hrs 912s ......... although he will seperate ... needless to say im madly trying to find some finances (not going very well at all 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif).....and in between phone calls , im reaching to new lows in sucking up to mrs sperse.

Before you thought about that one I would ask Gary about its condition, although I would love to have had the money myself then again the new Sierra looks as if it could be worth a second look 130+ sounds good to me.

Don

If you get it, I'll give you a hand to build it. (once I finish my Cheetah).

I think that the Joey, like the Cheetah, is just miles faster than anything else in the same price bracket, same motor.

I don't know how he does it, but Garry's plane's are better in almost every way than the others on offer.

Guest disperse
If you get it, I'll give you a hand to build it.

im gunna hold you to that........but don't hold your breath.....MONEY NOT SO GOOD AT THE MOMENT......and mrs sperse even worse..

still just a pipe dream.....but if i dont get it im comming out for a fly in "Cowboy up"

How's that Cheetah going anyway I look forward to the time I can see it in the sky. I'll bet that the day it hit's the skys the only that will not be able to be removed will be your big smile.

Don

Still interested in the Joey2

Like Disperse, I'd still like to hear more about the Joey2. The numbers sound terrific and as someone who would like to fly cross country, it seems perfect. Why is it so good? Why is it's price so cheap (for kit - seems very reasonable for the performance)? Any forums or suggestions for those aspiring to build one?

Regards, Mathew

I just talked to Garry (I'm back in Canberra this week). He says there are 4 flying and another being built.

There's one in Leeton with a VW engine, but he heard it's being sold.

Another with a 912 in Qld, 1 in South Africa, 1 in Tas. I forget the rest.

He can still supply a kit. He has enough bits on hand for 2 more.

The build time on the Cheetah is about 1/4 that of the Joey.

The Cheetah Sierra is nearly finished. The wings were painted yesterday, the fuse tomorrow. Should be flying in a few weeks.

Guest disperse

the one in QLD with the 912 is for sale in this month's mag (half built).

im very tempted , just working on the money first to see if it's possible. and if that works i'll go for a look ?????

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Gary does have good aircraft and also good prices, but the Cheetah and Sierra are his own design, while I think the Joey 2 is basically a KR2 which has been modified. Please correct me if I am wrong.